The work for this study was done at The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY. This paper was presented at the 2007 ACVIM Forum, Seattle, WA.
Survival in Cats with Naturally Occurring Chronic Kidney Disease (2000–2002)
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 1111–1117, September–October 2008
How to Cite
Boyd, L.M., Langston, C., Thompson, K., Zivin, K. and Imanishi, M. (2008), Survival in Cats with Naturally Occurring Chronic Kidney Disease (2000–2002). Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 1111–1117. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2008.0163.x
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 6 AUG 2008
- Submitted December 7, 2007; Revised June 14, 2008; Accepted June 24, 2008
- 1Indicators of renal insufficiency in dogs and cats presented at a veterinary teaching hospital. Aust Vet Practit 2001;31:54–58.
- 3Feline renal failure: Questions, answers, questions. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 1992;14:127–152., , , et al.
- 4Feline chronic renal failure: Clinical findings in 80 cases diagnosed between 1992 and 1995. J Small Anim Pract 1998;39:78–85.,
- 6Chronic kidney disease. In: EttingerSJ, FeldmanEC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th ed. St Louis, MO: WB Saunders; 2005:1756–1785., ,
- 9Acid-base balance of cats with chronic renal failure: Effect of deterioration in renal function. J Small Anim Pract 2003;44:261–268., ,
- 14Survival of cats with naturally occurring chronic renal failure: Effect of dietary management. J Small Anim Pract 2000;41:235–242., , , et al.
- 15Renal transplantation. In: BojrabMJ, ed. Current Techniques in Small Animal Surgery, 4th ed. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Williams; 1998:434–443.
- 16Organ transplantation in clinical veterinary practice. In: SlatterD, ed. Textbook of Small Animal Surgery, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2003:129–136.,
- 18Renal transplantation in cats: Patient selection and preoperative management. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2002;24:868–873.,
- 19Renal transplantation in cats: Techniques, complications, and immunosuppression. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2002;24:874–882.,
- 20Serum albumin: Relationship to inflammation and nutrition. Sem Dial 2004;17:432–437.,
- 22Management of anemia associated with renal failure. In: AugustJR, ed. Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, Vol. 2. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1994:331–338.