aSchwarzwald CC, Schober KE, Bonagura JD. Echocardiographic characterization of left ventricular radial wall motion in horses using tissue Doppler imaging: Methodology and reliability. J Vet Int Med 2007;21:590.
Methods and Reliability of Tissue Doppler Imaging for Assessment of Left Ventricular Radial Wall Motion in Horses
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 643–652, May/June 2009
How to Cite
Schwarzwald, C.C., Schober, K.E. and Bonagura, J.D. (2009), Methods and Reliability of Tissue Doppler Imaging for Assessment of Left Ventricular Radial Wall Motion in Horses. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 23: 643–652. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2009.0287.x
Previously presented at 25th Annual Forum of the ACVIM, Seattle, WA, June 6–9, 2007.a
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
- Submitted August 20, 2008; December 2, 2008; Accepted January 21, 2009.
- 1Evaluation of size, function, and hemodynamics. In: BoonJA, ed. Manual of Veterinary Echocardiography. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1998:151–260.
- 2Left and right ventricular systolic function. In: OttoCM, ed. Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2004:131–165.
- 4Echocardiographic measurements of cardiac dimensions and indices of cardiac function in normal adult thoroughbred horses. Equine Vet J 1995;19 (Suppl):18–27., , , et al.
- 5Accuracy of formulae for calculating left ventricular volumes of the equine heart. Equine Vet J 1990;9 (Suppl):53–56.,
- 11Measurement of cardiac function by transthoracic echocardiography: Day to day variability and repeatability in normal Thoroughbred horses. Equine Vet J 1998;30:117–122.,
- 12Pulsed wave Doppler echocardiography in normal horses. Equine Vet J 1995;19 (Suppl):38–46.,
- 13Ventricular diastolic filling and function. In: OttoCM, ed. Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2004:166–195.
- 18http://folk.ntnu.no/stoylen/strainrate/. Accessed July 2008.Strain rate imaging: Cardiac deformation imaging by ultrasound / echocardiography—Tissue Doppler and Speckle tracking. Trondheim, Norway. Available at:
- 29Cardiovascular ultrasonography. In: ReefVB, ed. Equine Diagnostic Ultrasound. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1998:215–272.
- 30Clinical measurement. In: BlandM, ed. An Introduction to Medical Statistics, 3rd ed. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 2000:268–293.
- 36Evidence of impaired left ventricular systolic function by Doppler myocardial imaging in patients with systemic amyloidosis and no evidence of cardiac involvement by standard two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography. Am J Cardiol 2008;101:1039–1045., , , et al.
- 40Effects of sedation with detomidine hydrochloride on echocardiographic measurements of cardiac dimensions and indices of cardiac function in horses. Equine Vet J 1995;19 (Suppl):33–37., , , et al.
- 46Evaluation of systolic and diastolic function of the left ventricle. In: FeigenbaumH, ArmstrongWF, RyanT, eds. Feigenbaum's Echocardiography, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005:138–180., ,