This work was done at Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada. Results were presented as a Paper Abstract at the ACVIM Forum 2008, San Antonio, TX.
Validation of a Commercial Enzyme Immunoassay for Detection of Clostridium difficile Toxins in Feces of Horses with Acute Diarrhea
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 628–632, May/June 2010
How to Cite
Medina-Torres, C.E., Weese, J.S. and Staempfli, H.R. (2010), Validation of a Commercial Enzyme Immunoassay for Detection of Clostridium difficile Toxins in Feces of Horses with Acute Diarrhea. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 24: 628–632. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2010.00506.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
- Submitted September 3, 2009; Revised January 15, 2010; Accepted February 22, 2010.
- 2The etiology and treatment of idiopathic colitis: Recent studies. Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 1992;38:433–439., ,
- 13Performance of the TechLab C. DIFF CHECK-60 enzyme immunoassay (EIA) in combination with the C. difficile Tox A/B II EIA kit, the Triage C. difficile panel immunoassay, and a cytotoxin assay for the diagnosis of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. J Clin Microbiol 2004;42:4863–4865., , , et al.
- 19Fecal prevalence of Salmonella, Clostridium difficile and intestinal parasites in race horses in Ontario. J Vet Intern Med 2007;21:664., , , et al.