*Contributed equally to this work.
Detection and Control of a Nosocomial Outbreak Caused by Salmonella Newport at a Large Animal Hospital
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 606–616, May/June 2010
How to Cite
Steneroden, K.K., Van Metre, D.C., Jackson, C. and Morley, P.S. (2010), Detection and Control of a Nosocomial Outbreak Caused by Salmonella Newport at a Large Animal Hospital. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 24: 606–616. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2010.0484.x
- Issue online: 7 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2010
- Submitted May 21, 2009; Revised December 11, 2009; Accepted January 28, 2010
- 5Chlorine dioxide gas decontamination of large animal hospital intensive and neonatal care units. Applied Biosafety 2006;11:144–154., , , et al.
- 9Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Outbreaks of multidrug-resistant Salmonella typhimurium associated with veterinary facilities—Idaho, Minnesota, and Washington—August 24, 1999. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001;50:701–704.
- 17Biosecurity. In: SellonDC, LongMT, eds. Equine Infectious Diseases. St Louis, MO: Saunders-Elsevier; 2007:528–539., , ,
- 18Biosecurity and infection control for large animal practices. In: SmithBP, ed. Large Animal Internal Medicine, 4th ed. New York: Elsevier; 2008:1524–1550.,
- 19Colorado State University. Biosecurity standard operating procedures, James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Available at http://csuvets.colostate.edu/biosecurity/biosecurity_sop.pdf. Accessed January 22, 2010.
- 20NCCLS. Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Disk and Dilution Susceptibility Tests for Bacteria Isolated from Animals, Approved Standard, 2nd ed. Wayne, PA: NCCLS; 2002.
- 24US Food and Drug Administration. Bad Bug Book - Salmonella spp. Available: http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodborneIllness/FoodborneIllnessFoodbornePathogensNaturalToxins/BadBugBook/ucm069966.htm. Accessed January 22, 2010.
- 25Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Salmonellosis. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/disease_listing/salmonellosis_gi.html. Accessed January 22, 2010.