A portion of this work was presented as an abstract at the 2004 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum.
Clinical Signs, Imaging Features, Neuropathology, and Outcome in Cats and Dogs with Central Nervous System Cryptococcosis from California
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 24, Issue 6, pages 1427–1438, November/December 2010
How to Cite
Sykes, J.E., Sturges, B.K., Cannon, M.S., Gericota, B., Higgins, R.J., Trivedi, S.R., Dickinson, P.J., Vernau, K.M., Meyer, W. and Wisner, E.R. (2010), Clinical Signs, Imaging Features, Neuropathology, and Outcome in Cats and Dogs with Central Nervous System Cryptococcosis from California. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 24: 1427–1438. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2010.0633.x
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2010
- Submitted June 24, 2010; Revised August 16, 2010; Accepted September 14, 2010.
- 1Variation in clinical presentation and epidemiology of cryptococcosis in cats and dogs from California. J Am Vet Med Assoc, accepted., , , et al.
- 4Cryptococcosis. In: GreeneCE, ed. Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, 3rd ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2006:584–598., , , et al.
- 5Cryptococcus of the nervous system in dogs, part 1: Epidemiologic, clinical and neuropathologic features. Prog Vet Neurol 1994;5:88–97., , , et al.
- 9Histopathological aspects of neurocryptococcosis in HIV-infected patients: Autopsy report of 45 patients. Int J Surg Pathol 2009;17:444–448., ,
- 23Cryptococcosis of the nervous system in dogs, Part 2: Diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and prognosis. Prog Vet Neurol 1994;5:136–146., , , et al.
- 25Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system. In: Veterinary Neuropathology, 1st ed. St Louis, MO: Mosby; 1995:95–188., , .
- 29Clinical practice guidelines for the management of cryptococcal disease: 2010 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2010;50:291–322., , , et al.