This work was performed between 2007 and 2009 by listed investigators at university and private practice clinics.
Multicenter Evaluation of Plasma N-Terminal Probrain Natriuretic Peptide (NT-pro BNP) as a Biochemical Screening Test for Asymptomatic (occult) Cardiomyopathy in Cats
Article first published online: 30 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 1010–1016, September/October 2011
How to Cite
Fox, P.R., Rush, J.E., Reynolds, C.A., DeFrancesco, T.C., Keene, B.W., Atkins, C.E., Gordon, S.G., Schober, K.E., Bonagura, J.D., Stepien, R.L., Kellihan, H.B., MacDonald, K.A., Lehmkuhl, L.B., Nguyenba, T.P., Sydney Moise, N., Lefbom, B.K., Hogan, D.F. and Oyama, M.A. (2011), Multicenter Evaluation of Plasma N-Terminal Probrain Natriuretic Peptide (NT-pro BNP) as a Biochemical Screening Test for Asymptomatic (occult) Cardiomyopathy in Cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25: 1010–1016. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.00776.x
Preliminary results were presented at the 26th ACVIM Forum, San Antonio, TX, June, 2008.
Study Support: This study was supported in part by a grant from IDEXX Laboratories, Westbrook, ME.
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 30 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 13 NOV 2010
- 102007 U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook. Schaumburg, IL: American Veterinary Medical Association. 2007.
- 22The effect of ramipril on left ventricular mass, myocardial fibrosis, diastolic function, and plasma neurohormones in Maine Coon cats with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy without heart failure. J Vet Intern Med 2006;20:1093–1105., , , et al.
- 24Recommendations for standards in transthoracic two-dimensional echocardiography in the dog and cat. Echocardiography Committee of the Specialty of Cardiology, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. J Vet Intern Med 1993;7:247–252., , , et al.
- 27Feline cardiomyopathies. In: Fox PR, Sisson DD, Moïse NS, eds. Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology. Principles and Clinical Practice, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Co; 1999:621–678..
- 30Amount of left ventricular hypertrophy determines the plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide level in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and normal left ventricular ejection fraction. Clin Cardiol 2006;4:155–160., , , et al.