Comparison of Four Refractometers for the Investigation of the Passive Transfer in Beef Calves
Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 1465–1469, November-December 2011
How to Cite
Vandeputte, S., Detilleux, J. and Rollin, F. (2011), Comparison of Four Refractometers for the Investigation of the Passive Transfer in Beef Calves. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25: 1465–1469. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.00816.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 25 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 2010
- 1A guide to colostrum management in beef cows and calves. Vet Med 1997; 92:75–82..
- 2National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS). National Dairy Heifer Evaluation Project: Dairy herd management practices focusing on preweaned heifers. Fort Collins, CO: USDA: APHIS: Veterinary Service, 2002.
- 6CalfNote#62- Calf age, Total protein and FPT in calves. [on line] (2001). Available at: www.calfnotes.com/pdffiles/CN062.pdf. Accessed January 19, 2009..
- 7Comparison of total serum protein determined by T/S meter and biuret technique. Bull Amer Soc Vet Clin Path 1976; 3:4–12., .
- 8The accuracy of refractometric measurements of plasma total protein in different animal species. Lucrari Stiintifice – Universitatea de Stiinte Agricole si Medicina Veterinara, Seria Zootehnie 2006; 50:148–151., .
- 21Plasma transfusion in calves with failure of passive colostral transfer. Tr J Vet Anim Sci 1998; 22:123–130., , , et al.
- 22Interrelations and kinetic evolution of serum GGT activity and beta2-gammaglobulin concentrations recorded in calves from birth to 14 days of age. In: Proceedings of the VIIth congress of the international society of clinical animal biochemistry, University of Glasgow, 2–6 July 1996., , , et al.