The study was performed at the Institute of Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia; at the Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark; at the Clinic for Surgery and Small Animal Medicine, Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia; and at the small animal hospital Din Veterinar, Helsingborg, Sweden.
Advanced Electrocardiographic Parameters Change with Severity of Mitral Regurgitation in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in Sinus Rhythm
Article first published online: 14 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 93–100, January-February 2012
Total views since publication: 17
How to Cite
Špiljak Pakkanen, M., Domanjko Petrič, A., Olsen, L.H., Stepančič, A., Schlegel, T.T., Falk, T., Rasmussen, C.E. and Starc, V. (2012), Advanced Electrocardiographic Parameters Change with Severity of Mitral Regurgitation in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in Sinus Rhythm. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 93–100. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.00845.x
Preliminary data from this study were presented as a poster at the 2011 ACVIM Forum in Denver, Colorado.
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 14 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 24 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAR 2011
- Slovenian Research Agency. Grant Number: P3-0019
- Slovene Human Resources Development and Scholarship Fund
- 2Acquired valvular heart disease. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders;2010:1299–1319., , .
- 10Heart rate variability. Standards of measurement, physiological interpretation, and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Eur Heart J 1996;17:354–381.
- 19The effect of aging and cardiac disease on that portion of QT interval variability that is independent of the heart rate variability. Computers Cardiol 2008;35:315–317., .
- 25Multivariate Data Analysis, 5th ed. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall;1998:95–106., , .
- 26Real-time measurement of cardiac vagal tone in conscious dogs. Am J Physiol 1999;276:758–765., , , et al.
- 33Electrocardiography and cardiac arrhythmias. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2010:1159–1187..