This work was started at Dip Patologia Animale, University of Torino. Analysis of data has been performed at Kansas State University.
Survival Characteristics and Prognostic Variables of Dogs with Preclinical Chronic Degenerative Mitral Valve Disease Attributable to Myxomatous Degeneration
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 69–75, January-February 2012
How to Cite
Borgarelli, M., Crosara, S., Lamb, K., Savarino, P., La Rosa, G., Tarducci, A. and Haggstrom, J. (2012), Survival Characteristics and Prognostic Variables of Dogs with Preclinical Chronic Degenerative Mitral Valve Disease Attributable to Myxomatous Degeneration. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 69–75. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.00860.x
Preliminary data were presented at the 17th ECVIM-CA Congress September 13–15, 2007, Budapest, Hungary.
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 19 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2011
- Regione Piemonte
- 1Acquired valvular heart disease. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2005:1022–1039., , .
- 2Chronic valvular disease in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Epidemiology, inheritance and pathophysiology. Department of Physiology, Uppsala: Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences; 1996..
- 13Association of plasma N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration with mitral regurgitation severity and outcome in dogs with asymptomatic degenerative mitral valve disease. J Vet Intern Med 2009;23:984–994., , , et al.
- 16Acquired Heard Disease. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1998:261–382..
- 20Recommendations for standards in transthoracic two-dimensional echocardiography in the dog and cat. Echocardiography Committee of the Specialty of Cardiology, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. J Vet Intern Med 1993;7:247–252., , , et al.
- 35Evaluation of size, function and hemodynamics. In: Boon JA, ed. Manual of Veterinary Echocardiography. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1998:151–260..
- 36Effect of pimobendan or benazepril hydrochloride on survival times in dogs with congestive heart failure caused by naturally occurring myxomatous mitral valve disease: The QUEST study. J Vet Intern Med 2008;22:1124–1135., , , et al.
- 44Disease of the trachea. In: Ettinger S, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2005:1217–1232., .