This study has not been presented in abstract form at any scientific meetings. This work was done at Small Animal Hospital of the University of Glasgow, Davies Veterinary Specialists, University of Bristol Small Animal Hospital and Queen's Veterinary School Hospital of the University of Cambridge.
A Comparison of Factors that Influence Survival in Dogs with Adrenal-Dependent Hyperadrenocorticism Treated with Mitotane or Trilostane
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 2, pages 251–260, March/April 2011
How to Cite
Helm, J.R., Mclauchlan, G., Boden, L.A., Frowde, P.E., Collings, A.J., Tebb, A.J., Elwood, C.M., Herrtage, M.E., Parkin, T.D.H. and Ramsey, I. K. (2011), A Comparison of Factors that Influence Survival in Dogs with Adrenal-Dependent Hyperadrenocorticism Treated with Mitotane or Trilostane. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25: 251–260. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.0696.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2011
- Submitted September 27, 2010; Revised December 8, 2010; Accepted January 3, 2011.
- 1Canine hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing's syndrome). In: FeldmanEC, NelsonRW, eds. Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction, 3rd ed. St. Louis, MO: WB Saunders; 2004:253–265.,
- 13Mitotane treatment of 32 dogs with cortisol-secreting adrenocortical neoplasms. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1994;205:4–60.,
- 17Canine hyperadrenocorticism. In: MooneyCT, PetersonME, eds. Manual of Canine and Feline Endocrinology, 3rd ed. Gloucester, UK: British Small Animal Veterinary Association; 2004:162–163.
- 22Screening and diagnostic tests. In: Dohoo I, Modelling Survival Data, Vol. 19. MartinW, StryhmH, eds. Canada: Veterinary Epidemiological Research, AVC Inc; 2003:409–454., ,
- 30Canine hyperadrenocorticism due to adrenocortical neoplasia: Pre-treatment evaluation in 41 dogs. J Vet Intern Med 1991;13:291–301.,