This work was performed at Colorado State University. Preliminary tests of this study were presented at the 25th Annual American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum, Seattle, WA, 2007.
Variability in Results of the Microscopic Agglutination Test in Dogs with Clinical Leptospirosis and Dogs Vaccinated against Leptospirosis
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 426–432, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Miller, M.D., Annis, K.M., Lappin, M.R. and Lunn, K.F. (2011), Variability in Results of the Microscopic Agglutination Test in Dogs with Clinical Leptospirosis and Dogs Vaccinated against Leptospirosis. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25: 426–432. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.0704.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
- Submitted June 22, 2010; Revised November 22, 2010; Accepted February 2, 2011.
- 1Leptospirosis. In: GreeneCE, ed. Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, 3 ed. St Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2006:402–417., , ,
- 10Leptospirosis. In: BonaguraJD, TwedtDC, eds. Kirks Current Veterinary Therapy XIV. St Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2009:1237–1240.
- 11Canine leptospirosis: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and diagnosis. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2004;26:606–623.,
- 16Detection and quantification of leptospires in urine of dogs: A maintenance host for the zoonotic disease leptospirosis. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2010;29:1305–1309., , , et al.
- 18Clinicopathological features and outcome predictors of Leptospira interrogans Australis serogroup infection in dogs: A retrospective study of 20 cases (2001–2004). J Vet Intern Med 2007;21:3–10., , , et al.
- 21Leptospirosis. In: BonaguraJD, ed Kirks Current Veterinary Therapy XIII. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2000:308–310.,
- 23Laboratory practices involving the leptospiral microscopic agglutination microtiter test. Proc Annu Meet US Anim Health Assoc 1979;83:163–179.
- 28Monitoring Leptospira strain collections: The need for quality control. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2010;82:83–87., , , et al.