This study was done at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA.
Factors Associated with Adverse Outcomes during parenteral Nutrition Administration in Dogs and Cats
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 446–452, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Queau, Y., Larsen, J.A., Kass, P.H., Glucksman, G.S. and Fascetti, A.J. (2011), Factors Associated with Adverse Outcomes during parenteral Nutrition Administration in Dogs and Cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25: 446–452. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.0714.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2011
- Submitted August 9, 2010; Revised February 1, 2011; Accepted February 16, 2011.
- 1Parenteral nutritional support. In: EttingerSJ, FeldmanEC, eds. textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine: Diseases of the Dog and the Cat, 7th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2010:701–707.
- 3The ESPEN clinical practice guidelines on parenteral nutrition: Present status and perspectives for future research. Clin Nutr 2009;28:359–364.,
- 5Chyle leaks: Consensus on management? Nutr Clin Pract 2008;23:529–532.,
- 7Use of total parenteral nutrition in dogs: 209 cases (1988–1995). J Vet Emerg Crit Care 1998;8:201–213., , , et al.
- 10Retrospective evaluation of total parenteral nutrition in cats: 40 cases (1991–2003). J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2006;16:S21–S26., , , et al.
- 11Total parenteral nutrition. In: DiBartolaSP, ed. Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice, 3rd ed. London: Saunders; 2005:584–601.,
- 12Development and validation of a body condition score system for cats: A clinical tool. Feline Pract 1997;25:13–18.
- 13Development and validation of a body condition score system for dogs. Canine Pract 1997;22:10–15.
- 14Canine pancreatic disease. In: EttingerSJ, FeldmanEJ, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. London: Saunders; 2010:1695–1704.
- 15Feline pancreatic disease. In: EttingerSJ, FeldmanEJ, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. London: Saunders; 2010:1704–1709.
- 21Hyperglycemia in hospitalized patients receiving parental nutrition is associated with increased morbidity and mortality: A review. Gastroenterol Res Pract 2011;pii: 760720. PubMedPMID: 20811546., ,
- 22Hyperglycemia in the critically ill. Nutr Clin Care 2005;8:93–101., ,
- 33A randomised clinical trial to assess the effect of total enteral and total parenteral nutritional support on metabolic, inflammatory and oxidative markers in patients with predicted severe acute pancreatitis (APACHE II > or = 6). Pancreatology 2003;3:406–413., , , et al.