Results in this paper were previously presented in part at the 5th International Conference on Advances in Canine and Feline Genomics and Inherited Diseases, American Genetic Association, Baltimore, MD, September 22–25, 2010.
Characterization of the Genetic Basis for Autosomal Recessive Hereditary Nephropathy in the English Springer Spaniel
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 2, pages 294–301, March-April 2012
How to Cite
Nowend, K.L., Starr-Moss, A.N., Lees, G.E., Berridge, B.R., Clubb, F.J., Kashtan, C.E., Nabity, M.B. and Murphy, K.E. (2012), Characterization of the Genetic Basis for Autosomal Recessive Hereditary Nephropathy in the English Springer Spaniel. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 294–301. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00888.x
With the exception of DNA isolation from whole blood, all molecular genetics procedures were carried out at Clemson University (Nowend, Starr-Moss, Murphy). Whole blood DNA isolation, clinical veterinary examinations and testing, pathological studies, and transmission electron microscopy were performed at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University (Lees, Berridge, Clubb, Nabity). Immunostaining work was done at the University of Minnesota Medical School (Kashtan).
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2011
- Clemson University
- 1The pathology of renal cortical hypoplasia in the dog. Nord Vet Med 1957;9:161–176..
- 10American Kennel Club (AKC). American Kennel Club - English Springer Spaniel. http://www.akc.org/breeds/english_springer_spaniel/. Accessed May 26, 2010.
- 14Canine X chromosome-linked hereditary nephritis: A genetic model for human x-linked hereditary nephritis resulting from a single base mutation in the gene encoding the alpha 5 chain of collagen type IV. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1994;91:3989–3993., , , et al.