These data were presented in part at the 2011 ACVIM Forum, Denver, Colorado.
Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of High Dose Short Duration Enrofloxacin Treatment Regimen for Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections in Dogs
Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 506–512, May-June 2012
How to Cite
Westropp, J.L., Sykes, J.E., Irom, S., Daniels, J.B., Smith, A., Keil, D., Settje, T., Wang, Y. and Chew, D.J. (2012), Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of High Dose Short Duration Enrofloxacin Treatment Regimen for Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections in Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 506–512. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00914.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 OCT 2011
- 4Urinary tract infections. In: Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC, eds. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:2036–2047., .
- 5Urinary tract infections. In: Nelson RW, Couto CG, eds. Small Animal Internal Medicien. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Elsevier; 2009:664–665..
- 6Antimicrobial use guidelines for treatment of urinary tract disease in dogs and cats: Antimicrobial guidelines working group of the international society for companion animal infectious diseases. Vet Med Int 2011;2011:1–9., , , et al.
- 15Antimicrobial agents for treating uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev (Online) 2010;10:CD007182., , et al.
- 18Overview of the pharmacokinetic properties of fluoroquinolones in companion animals. Suppl Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 1999;21(12):7–11..
- 20Plumb DC, ed. Veterinary Drug Handbook, 6th ed. Stockholm, WI: Pharma Vet Inc; 2008.
- 22Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 9th ed. Washington DC: ASM; 2007., , .
- 23Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Disk and Dilution Susceptibility Tests for Bacteria Isolated from Animals; Approved Standard, 3rd ed. CLSI document M31-A3. Wayne, PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2008.
- 24Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: Nineteenth Informational Supplement. Vol 29; No. 3; CLSI document M100-S20, Wayne, PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2009.
- 25Genitourinary infections. In: Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cats, 3rd ed. St Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2006:935–961..
- 33Antibiotic sensitivity profiles do not reliably distinguish relapsing or persisting infections from reinfections in cats with chronic renal failure and multiple diagnoses of Escherichia coli urinary tract infection. J Vet Intern Med 2006;20:245–249., , , et al.