Equine Sedation Electroencephalography.
Qualitative and Quantitative Characteristics of the Electroencephalogram in Normal Horses After Sedation
Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 645–653, May-June 2012
How to Cite
Williams, D.C., Aleman, M., Tharp, B., Fletcher, D.J., Kass, P.H., Steffey, E.P., LeCouteur, R.A. and Holliday, T.A. (2012), Qualitative and Quantitative Characteristics of the Electroencephalogram in Normal Horses After Sedation. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 645–653. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00921.x
This study was performed at the Center for Equine Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California at Davis.
Poster presented at the 8th Annual World Congress of Veterinary Anesthesia held in Knoxville, Tennessee in September 2003. Abstract published in the WCVA Proceedings in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia 2004, 31(4):40–41.
Submitted in partial satisfaction of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Pathology in the Office of Graduate Studies of the University of California Davis.
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2011
- Clinical Electrophysiology Laboratory
- Center for Equine Health
- Oak Tree Racing Association
- State of California
This article has been cited by:
- 1Robinson's Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 2015,,
- 2Electroencephalographic Responses to a Noxious Surgical Stimulus in Mules, Horses, and Ponies, Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 2014, 34, 8, 955, , , , , , ,
- 3Evaluation of clinical and electrocardiographic changes during the euthanasia of horses, The Veterinary Journal, 2013, 196, 3, 483, , , ,
- 4A review on epilepsy in the horse and the potential of Ambulatory EEG as a diagnostic tool, Veterinary Quarterly, 2012, 32, 3-4, 159, ,