Equine Sedation Electroencephalography.
Qualitative and Quantitative Characteristics of the Electroencephalogram in Normal Horses After Sedation
Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 645–653, May-June 2012
Total views since publication: 19
How to Cite
Williams, D.C., Aleman, M., Tharp, B., Fletcher, D.J., Kass, P.H., Steffey, E.P., LeCouteur, R.A. and Holliday, T.A. (2012), Qualitative and Quantitative Characteristics of the Electroencephalogram in Normal Horses After Sedation. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 645–653. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00921.x
This study was performed at the Center for Equine Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California at Davis.
Poster presented at the 8th Annual World Congress of Veterinary Anesthesia held in Knoxville, Tennessee in September 2003. Abstract published in the WCVA Proceedings in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia 2004, 31(4):40–41.
Submitted in partial satisfaction of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Pathology in the Office of Graduate Studies of the University of California Davis.
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2011
- Clinical Electrophysiology Laboratory
- Center for Equine Health
- Oak Tree Racing Association
- State of California
- 6Electroencephalography. In: Vaden SL, Knoll JS, Smith FWK, Tilley FP, eds. 5-Minute Veterinary Consult: Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures: Canine and Feline. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, 2009..
- 17Eine Methode zur nichtinvasiven EEG-Ableitung am wachen, stehenden Pferd. Berlin; 1998. PhD dissertation. Freien Universität Berlin publisher..
- 19Effects of sleep and sleep deprivation on interictal epileptiform discharges. In: Bazil CW, Malow BA, Sammaritano MR, eds. Sleep and Epilepsy: The Clinical Spectrum. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science BV, 2002;157–164., .
- 23Pharmacokinetics and adverse effects of butorphanol administered by single intravenous injection or continuous intravenous infusion in horses. AJVR 2001;62:182–189., , , et al.
- 25A simple sequentially rejective multiple test procedure. Scand J Stat 1979;6:65–70..
- 29The normal sleep of adults over 20. In: Fisch BJ, ed. Fisch and Spehlmann's EEG Primer. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2007:99–206..
- 31Rechtschaffen A, Kales A, eds. A Manual of Standardized Terminology: Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Washington, DC: Public Health Service, U.S. Printing Office; 1968.