Work was performed at the University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN.
Diagnostic Frequency, Response to Therapy, and Long-Term Prognosis among Horses and Ponies with Pituitary Par Intermedia Dysfunction, 1993–2004
Version of Record online: 24 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 1027–1034, July-August 2012
How to Cite
Rohrbach, B.W., Stafford, J.R., Clermont, R.S.W., Reed, S.M., Schott, H.C. and Andrews, F.M. (2012), Diagnostic Frequency, Response to Therapy, and Long-Term Prognosis among Horses and Ponies with Pituitary Par Intermedia Dysfunction, 1993–2004. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 1027–1034. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00932.x
- Issue online: 13 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAY 2011
- Centers of Excellence in Livestock Diseases and Human Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee
- 11Mail and Internet Surveys; The Tailored Design Method. 2nd ed. Hoboken NJ: Wiley; 2007..
- 12The Michigan Cushing's project. In: Proceedings of the 47th Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners; 2001:22–4., , , et al.
- 13Veterinary Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Pathology, 2nd ed. Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press; 1986:229–234., .
- 18The endocrine system. In: Catcott EJ , Smithcors JF , eds. Equine Medicine and Surgery, 2nd ed. Wheaton, IL: American Veterinary Publications; 1972: 433–57..
- 23Pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (equine Cushing's-like disease) In: Robinson N , ed. Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1997:449–501..
- 29Hypophyseal neoplasia in a pony. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 1985;7:S249–57., .
- 34Diseases of the liver and biliary tract. In: Birchard SJ , Scherding RG , eds. Saunders Manual of Small Animal Practice, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2000:824–73., .
- 35Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (classical Cushing's disease) and metabolic syndrome (peripheral Cushing's syndrome) in horses. Proceedings of the 5th World World Cong Vet Derm 2005;5:159–169., , , et al.