Dr Funk is presently affiliated with Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA.
Seasonal Changes in the Combined Glucose-Insulin Tolerance Test in Normal Aged Horses
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 1035–1041, July-August 2012
How to Cite
Funk, R.A., Wooldridge, A.A., Stewart, A.J., Behrend, E.N., Kemppainen, R.J., Zhong, Q. and Johnson, A.K. (2012), Seasonal Changes in the Combined Glucose-Insulin Tolerance Test in Normal Aged Horses. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 1035–1041. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00939.x
This research was performed at the John Thomas Vaughan Large Animal Teaching Hospital at Auburn University's College of Veterinary Medicine in 2008.
This research was supported by the Birmingham Racing Commission and the Department of Clinical Sciences at Auburn University.
This research was presented in part as an abstract at the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum, June 2009, Montreal, Canada and the 11th World Equine Veterinary Association Congress, September 2009, Guarujá, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2011
- 15The effect of geographic location, breed, and pituitary dysfunction on seasonal adrenocorticotropin and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone plasma concentrations in horses. J Vet Intern Med 2011;25:872–881., , , et al.
- 19Seasonal changes in circadian peripheral plasma concentrations of melatonin, serotonin, dopamine and cortisol in aged horses with Cushing's disease under natural photoperiod. J Neuroendocrinol 2008;20:988–996., , , et al.
- 27Obesity and insulin resistance in horses. 23rd Annual Forum of the ACVIM 2005..
- 28Clinical Chemistry Basics: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Available at: http://ahdc.vet.cornell.edu/clinpath/modules/chem/glucose.htm. Accessed April 2012., .
- 30Long Term and Short Term Changes in Leptin, Insulin and Glucose in Grazing Mares. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Blacksburg, VA: Virgina Tech, 2007..