Prevalence of Overconditioning in Mature Horses in Southwest Virginia during the Summer
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 6, pages 1413–1418, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Thatcher, C.D., Pleasant, R.S., Geor, R.J. and Elvinger, F. (2012), Prevalence of Overconditioning in Mature Horses in Southwest Virginia during the Summer. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 1413–1418. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.00995.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2012
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0333378
- 8Endocrinopathic laminitis in horses. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2004;3:45–56., , , et al.
- 12NAHMS USDA Equine 1998. National Animal Health Monitoring System, Equine Mortality and Morbidity Info Sheet. Available at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov. Accessed August 9, 2012.
- 13NAHMS USDA Equine 2005. National Health Monitoring System, Part 1: Baseline Reference of Equine Health and Management. Available at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov. Accessed August 9, 2012.
- 14National Research Council. Nutrient Requirements of Horses, 5th ed. Washington DC: National Academy Press; 1989:42–47.
- 18Obesity and insulin resistance in horses. In: Proceedings 23rd Annu ACVIM Forum. Lakewood; 2005:201–203..
- 21United States Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Statistics Service Virginia (Richmond Field Office). 2006 Virginia equine survey report. Richmond: Sponsored by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Virginia Horse Industry Board; 2008.
- 22Deloitte Consulting LLP. National Economic Impact of the U.S. Horse Industry. Washington: Sponsored by the American Horse Council; 2005.
- 26Prevalence and risk factors for obesity in adult cats from private veterinary practices. Int J Appl Res Vet Med 2005;3:88–96., , , et al.
- 27Prevalence and risk factors for obesity in adult dogs from private veterinary practices. Int J Appl Res Vet Med 2006;4:177–186., , , .