This study was performed at the Department of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, Din Veterinär Animal Hospital, Helsingborg, Sweden, and Blå Stjärnans Animal Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Radial and Longitudinal Strain and Strain Rate Assessed by Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography in Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease
Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 6, pages 1309–1319, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Zois, N.E., Tidholm, A., Nägga, K.M., Moesgaard, S.G., Rasmussen, C.E., Falk, T., Häggström, J., Pedersen, H.D., Åblad, B., Nilsen, H.Y. and Olsen, L.H. (2012), Radial and Longitudinal Strain and Strain Rate Assessed by Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography in Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 1309–1319. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.01017.x
Preliminary results from this study were presented at the 21st European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Congress in Seville, Spain, 2011
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2011
- Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Danish Council of Independent Research, Medical Sciences. Grant Number: 271-08-0998
- 10Comparison of longitudinal myocardial tissue velocity, strain, and strain rate measured by two-dimensional speckle tracking and by color tissue Doppler imaging in healthy dogs. J Vet Cardiol 2011;13:31–43., , , et al.
- 17Echocardiographic assessment of interventricular and intraventricular mechanical synchrony in normal dogs. J Vet Cardiol 2011;13:115–126., , .
- 20Differences in Systolic Function between Small and Large Breed Dogs with Myxomatous Mitral Valve Degeneration Assessed by Myocardial Strain and Strain Rate Measurements. 25th American College of Internal Veterinary Medicine Congress, Seattle, WA, 2007., , , Hartmann K.
- 30The functional role of longitudinal, circumferential, and radial myocardial deformation for regulating the early impairment of left ventricular contraction and relaxation in patients with cardiovascular risk factors: A study with two-dimensional strain imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008;21:1138–1144., , , et al.