Preliminary results were presented at the 2009 ACVIM Forum and Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Convention, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Prospective Evaluation of NT-proBNP Assay to Detect Occult Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Predict Survival in Doberman Pinschers
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 26, Issue 6, pages 1330–1336, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Singletary, G.E., Morris, N.A., Lynne O'Sullivan, M., Gordon, S.G. and Oyama, M.A. (2012), Prospective Evaluation of NT-proBNP Assay to Detect Occult Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Predict Survival in Doberman Pinschers. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 26: 1330–1336. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2012.1000.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2012
- IDEXX Laboratories
- 1Doberman Pinscher occult cardiomyopathy. In: Bonagura JD, Kirk RW, eds. Current Veterinary Therapy XIII: Small Animal Practice. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2000:756–760., .
- 3The prevalence of dilated cardiomyopathy in Doberman Pinschers: A 4.5 year follow-up J Vet Int Med 2012;12:199., .
- 19Association of plasma N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration with mitral regurgitation severity and outcome in dogs with asymptomatic degenerative mitral valve disease. J Vet Intern Med 2009;23:984–994., , , et al.
- 25Contemporary definitions and classification of the cardiomyopathies: An American Heart Association Scientific Statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplantation Committee; Quality of Care and Outcomes Research and Functional Genomics and Translational Biology Interdisciplinary Working Groups; and Council on Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation 2006;113:1807–1816., , , et al.
- 27Myocardial Diseases of Dogs. In: Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology. Fox PR, Sisson DD, Moise NM, eds. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA:1999;27:581-620.