DROUGHT RESILIENCE IN AGRICULTURE: THE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGICAL OPTIONS, LAND USE DYNAMICS, AND RISK PERCEPTION
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2009
©2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Natural Resource Modeling
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 437–462, August 2009
How to Cite
RANJAN, R. and ATHALYE, S. (2009), DROUGHT RESILIENCE IN AGRICULTURE: THE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGICAL OPTIONS, LAND USE DYNAMICS, AND RISK PERCEPTION. Natural Resource Modeling, 22: 437–462. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-7445.2009.00044.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2009
- Received by the editors on 18th July 2008. Accepted 19th February 2009.
- 2007], Factors Affecting the Economic Benefits of Sprinkler Uniformity and their Implications for Irrigation Water Use, Irrigation Sci. 26, 109–119.
- Bureau of Meteorology: Living with Droughts , Available at: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/drought/livedrought.shtml, Accessed June 22, 2008.
- 2002], A Model of Investment under Uncertainty: Modern Irrigation Technology and Emerging Markets in Water, Am. J. Ag. Econ. 84(1), 171–183. Direct Link: and
- 1997], Resilience and Restoration of Lakes, Conserv. Ecol. [online] 1(1), 2, Available at http://www.consecol.org/vol1/iss1/art2. and
- Department of Environment , State of the Mound: Section 46 Progress Report, Government of Western Australia, Perth , Australia .
- 1994], Investment under Uncertainty, Princeton University Press, Princeton , NJ . and
- 1993], Rules of Thumb for Social Learning, J. Polit. Econ. 101(4), 612–643. and
- 1999], On the Shape of Probability Weighting Function, Cogn. Psychol. 38, 129–166. and
- 1996], Command and Control and the Pathology of Natural Resource Management, Conserv. Bio. 10, 326–327. and
- 2005], An Experimental Comparison of Induced and Elicited Beliefs, J. Risk Uncertain. 30(2), 169–188. and
- 2001], Technology Adoption Decisions under Uncertainty: Impact of Alternative Return Assumptions on Timing of Adoption, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of American Agricultural Economics Association, Chicago, Illinois .
- 2008], What Determines Farmers' Resilience towards ENSO-Related Drought? An Empirical Assessment in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, Clim. Change 86, 291–307. , , , , and
- 1999], Site-Specifc Crop Management: Adoption Pattern and Trends, Rev. Agric. Econ. 21(Fall/Winter ) , 455–472. , , and
- 1989], Secondary Effects on Midwestern Agriculture of Metropolitan Development and Decrease in Farmland. Land Econ. 65(3), 205–210.
- 1986], The Value of Waiting to Invest, Q. J. Econ. 101, 707–727. and
- 1984], The Complexity and Stability of Ecosystems, Nature, Non- Linear Economic Dynamics, Berlin , Springer Verlag.
- 1998], The Probability Weighting Function, Econometrica 66(3), 497–527.
- 2007], Economic Assessment of Acquiring Water for Environmental Flows in the Murray Basin, Aust. J. Agric. Resour. Econ. 51, 283–303. , , , and
- 2006], How Probability Weighting Affects Participation in Water Markets, Water Resour. Res. 42(8), 1–10. and
- 2005], Adoption of More Technically Efficient System as a Drought Response, Water Resour. Develop. 21(4), 651–662. , , , , and
- 2007], Increasing the Resilience of Dryland Agro-Ecosystems to Climate Change, SAT eJournal 4(1), 1–37. Available at: http://www.icrisat.org/journal/SpecialProject/sp5.pdf , , , , , , , , , and
- 1992], Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty, J. Risk Uncertainty 5, 297–323. and
- 2005], Perth Annual Regional Modelling System: Vertical Flux Model. Part II. Model Application, Water Corporation Report No. SLUI 123, Western Australia, Perth , Australia . , , , , and
- 1995], Individual and Institutional Responses to Drought: The Case of California Agriculture, Working Paper, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California , Berkeley , CA . , , , , , and