Albert Allen Bartlett (Ph.D., Harvard University) is a professor of Physics in the Department of Physics and Astrophysics at the University of Colorado. He has been a visiting professor at Harvard Summer School for several years. Born in Shanghai, China, Professor Bartlett was a Research Worker at Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, recipient of the National Science Foundation and Atomic Energy Commission Grants for Research in Nuclear Spectroscopy, and Director of the National Science Foundation Summer Institute for Research Participation for College Teachers from 1959 to 1965. Author of articles in the American Journal of Physics, he is currently the Membership Chairman of the American Association of Physics Teachers.
The Foreign Language Requirement for the Ph.D.: A New Approach
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
© 1968 American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Annals
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 174–184, December 1968
How to Cite
Bartlett, A. A. (1968), The Foreign Language Requirement for the Ph.D.: A New Approach. Foreign Language Annals, 2: 174–184. doi: 10.1111/j.1944-9720.1968.tb00295.x
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!