RICHARD J. McARDLE (Ph.D., Univ. of Nebraska) taught Spanish in Nebraska secondary schools for 10 years before entering the Romance Language Department at the University of Nebraska where he served as Instructor of Foreign Language Methods and Supervisor of Student Teachers. He is currently Chairman of the Department of Education at Cleveland [Ohio] State University. He is the author of “Teacher Education, Qualifications, and Supervision” in The Britannica Review of Foreign Language Education Vol. 1, 1968
Training Language Teachers—A Systems Approach*
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
© 1971 American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Annals
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 293–298, March 1971
How to Cite
McArdle, R. J. (1971), Training Language Teachers—A Systems Approach. Foreign Language Annals, 4: 293–298. doi: 10.1111/j.1944-9720.1971.tb02046.x
The design of the course described in this article represents the work of many people. The author wishes, however, to specifically acknowledge and thank Roger Gilmore, Romance Language Dept., Univ. of Nebraska, and William Hammelmann, Chairman, Foreign Language Dept., Lincoln (Neb.) East High School.
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!