FREDA M. HOLLEY (Ph.D., Univ. of Texas, Austin) is Coordinator, Dept. of Educational Development, Austin Ind. School District, Austin, Texas. She has taught German at Huntsville High School, Hunts-ville, Alabama, and has received an Office of Education Fellowship in a Multidisciplinary Educational Research Specialist Training Program. She is a coauthor of “Vocabulary Glosses in Foreign Language Reading Materials,” Language Learning, 21, No. 2, and “Imitation and Correction in Foreign Language Learning,” MLJ, 55 (Dec. 1971). Her professional affiliations include AATG, National Society for the Study of Education, and the American Educational Research Assoc
A Study of Vocabulary Learning in Context: The Effect of New-Word Density in German Reading Materials*
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
© 1973 American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Annals
Volume 6, Issue 3, pages 339–347, March 1973
How to Cite
Holley, F. M. (1973), A Study of Vocabulary Learning in Context: The Effect of New-Word Density in German Reading Materials. Foreign Language Annals, 6: 339–347. doi: 10.1111/j.1944-9720.1973.tb02613.x
The project reported herein was performed pursuant to a grant from the U. S. Office of Education, Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare. The opinions expressed herein, however, do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U. S. Office of Education, and no official endorsement by the U. S. Office of Education should be inferred.
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!