Mahmoud Al-Batal (Ph. D., University of Michigan) is Assistant Professor of Arabic at Emory University, Atlanta, GA.
Towards Cultural Proficiency in Arabic1
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
© 1988 American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Annals
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 443–453, October 1988
How to Cite
Al-Batal, M. (1988), Towards Cultural Proficiency in Arabic. Foreign Language Annals, 21: 443–453. doi: 10.1111/j.1944-9720.1988.tb01093.x
An earlier version of this paper was presented in November 1987 at the Tkenty-First Annual Meeting of the Middle East Studies Association in Baltimore. I would like to thank the two anonymous Foreign Language Annals readers for their valuable comments.
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!