Thomas J. Garza (Ed. D., Harvard University) is Assistant Professor of Slavic Languages at the University of Texas, Austin.
Evaluating the Use of Captioned Video Materials in Advanced Foreign Language Learning
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
© 1991 American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Foreign Language Annals
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 239–258, May 1991
How to Cite
Garza, T. J. (1991), Evaluating the Use of Captioned Video Materials in Advanced Foreign Language Learning. Foreign Language Annals, 24: 239–258. doi: 10.1111/j.1944-9720.1991.tb00469.x
The present article is a revised version of a 1989 final report on a research project funded by the Mellon Foundation and the American Council of Teachers of Russian and conducted at the Institute for Advanced Studies of the National Foreign Language Center in Washington, D.C., between September and December 1988. A summary version of the findings of this research can be found in Garza (3).
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!