Mary D. Naylor, PhD RN FAAN, is the Marian S. Ware Professor of Gerontology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing and a senior fellow of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics. Since 1989 Naylor and her interdisciplinary research team have completed three National Institute of Nursing Research-funded randomized clinical trials focusing on discharge planning and home follow-up of high-risk hospitalized elders by advanced practice nurses. An ongoing clinical trial funded by the Marian S. Ware Alzheimer Program and the National Institute on Aging (1R01AG023116–01A1) is testing innovative care coordination interventions aimed at improving outcomes for hospitalized cognitively impaired elders and their caregivers.
Transitional Care: A Critical Dimension of the Home Healthcare Quality Agenda
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
2006 National Association for Healthcare Quality
Journal for Healthcare Quality
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 48–54, January-February 2006
How to Cite
Naylor, M. D. (2006), Transitional Care: A Critical Dimension of the Home Healthcare Quality Agenda. Journal for Healthcare Quality, 28: 48–54. doi: 10.1111/j.1945-1474.2006.tb00594.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.