Magnetic remanence in the Murchison meteorite
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2010
2003 The Meteoritical Society
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 399–405, March 2003
How to Cite
KLETETSCHKA, G., KOHOUT, T. and WASILEWSKI, P. J. (2003), Magnetic remanence in the Murchison meteorite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 38: 399–405. doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2003.tb00275.x
- Issue published online: 26 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2010
- 29 August 2002; 8 January 2003
- 1972. Natural remanent magnetizations of carbonaceous chondrites and the magnetic field in the early solar system. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 17: 110–119. and
- 1974. The paleomagnetic record in carbonaceous chondrites: Natural remanence and magnetic properties. Journal of Geophysical Research 79: 2081–2106. and
- 2002. Amino acids from ultraviolet irradiation of interstellar ice analogues. Nature 416: 403–406. , , , , , , , , and
- 1983. A review of lunar paleointensity data and implications for the origin of lunar magnetism. Proceedings, 13th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. A691–A704. , , , , , , and
- 1986. Lunar paleointensities via the IRMs normalization method and the early magnetic history of the Moon. In Origin of the Moon (edited by HartmannW. K., PhillipsR. J., and TaylorG. J. Houston: Lunar and Planetary Institute. pp. 411–424. and
- 1971. Amino acid analyses of Murchison, Murray, and Allende carbonaceous chondrites. Science 172: 1327–1971. and
- 2000. The generation of lightning in the solar nebula. Icarus 143: 87–105. and
- 2001. Multidomain hematite: A source of planetary magnetic anomalies? Geophysical Research Letters 28: 3345–3348. and
- 1975. The field dependence of thermoremanent magnetization in igneous rocks. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 25: 11–25. and
- 1997. Isotopic evidence for extraterrestrial non-racemic aminoacids in the Murchison meteorite. Nature 389: 265–268. and
- 1987. Unusual stable isotope ratios in aminoacid and carboxylic acid extracts from Murchison meteorite. Nature 326: 477–479. , , , , and
- 1973. Mineralogy, mineral-chemistry, and composition of the Murchison (C2) meteorite. Washington D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press. 39 p. , , and
- 1974. Lunar magnetism. Reviews of Geophysics 12: 23–70.
- 1988. Magnetization of a dolomite bed in the Monterey formation: Implications for diagenesis. Geophysical Research Letters 15: 491–494. and
- 2001. Magnetic effects on Bjurbole (L4) chondrules moving from the space to terrestrial environments (abstract #1958). 32nd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. , , and
- 2000. Unique thermoremanent magnetization of multidomain sized hematite: Implications for magnetic anomalies. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 176: 469–479. , , and
- 1971. Nonprotein aminoacids in the Murchison meteorite. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 68: 486–490. , , and
- 1957. The mechanism of synthesis of amino acids by electric discharge. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 23: 480–489.
- 1957. The origin of life on the Earth. In Proceedings of the First International Symposium. London, Moscow: Pergamon Press.
- 1990. The origin and early evolution of life on Earth. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 18: 317–356.
- 1982. An experimental study of the intensity and stability of thermoremanent magnetization acquired by synthetic monodomain titanomagnetite substituted by aluminium. Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society 70: 141–154. and
- 1974. Lunar magnetic field paleointensities determined by an anhysteretic remanent magnetization method. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 23: 220–228. and
- 1959. Sur l'intensite du champ magnetique terrestre dans le passe historique et geologique. Annales Geophysique 15: 285–376. and
- 1980. The acquisition of thermoremanent magnetization by multidomain single-crystal titanomagnetite. Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society 63: 21–36. and
- 1999. Lodestone, nature's only permanent magnet: What it is and how it gets charged. Geophysical Research Letters 26: 2275–2278. and
- 1977. Magnetic and microstructural properties of some lodestones. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors 15: 349–362.
- 1981. Magnetization of small iron-nickel spheres. Physics of Earth and Planetary Interiors 26: 149–161.
- 1972. Non-protein aminoacids from spark discharges and their comparison with the Murchison meteorite amino acids. In Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Washington D.C.: National Academy of Sciences. pp. 809–811. , , and