Catalytic syntheses of amino acids and their significance for nebular and planetary chemistry
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2012
© The Meteoritical Society, 2012
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 47, Issue 8, pages 1291–1296, August 2012
How to Cite
PIZZARELLO, S. (2012), Catalytic syntheses of amino acids and their significance for nebular and planetary chemistry. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 47: 1291–1296. doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2012.01390.x
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2012
- (Received 26 January 2012; revision accepted 06 June 2012)
- 1964. Origin, age and composition of meteorites. Space Science Reviews 3:583. .
- 1973. Organic compounds in meteorites. Science 182:781–790. , , and
- 1980. Carbonaceous chondrites—II. Carbonaceous chondrite phyllosificates and light element geochemistry as indicators of parent body processes and surface conditions. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 44:1543–1577. and
- 1993. Organic matter in meteorites: Molecular and isotopic analyses of the Murchison meteorite. In The chemistry of life origin, edited by Greenberg J. M., Mendoza-Gómez C. X., and Pirronello V. Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers. pp. 209–255. and .
- 1986. Amino acids of the Murchison meteorite. III. Seven carbon acyclic primary α-amino alkanoic acids. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 54:2419–2427. and
- 1990. Aliphatic hydrocarbons of the Murchison meteorite. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 50:2859–2868. and
- 1997. Enantiomeric excesses in meteoritic amino acids. Science 275:951–955. and
- 1979. Amino acid analysis with o-phthalaldehyde detection: Effects of reaction temperature and thiol on fluorescent yields. Analytical Biochemistry 93:174–179. , , and
- 2001. The Tagish Lake chondrite and the interstellar parent body hypothesis (abstract #1969). 32nd Lunar Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , and .
- 2005. The onset of metamorphism in ordinary and carbonaceous chondrites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 40:87–122. and
- 2011. Origin and evolution of prebiotic organic matter as inferred from the Tagish Lake meteorite. Science 332:1304–1307. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- 2009. Complex organic interstellar molecules. Annual Reviews of Astronomy and Astrophysics 47:427–480. and
- 1995. Influence of Murchison and Allende minerals on hydrogen-deuterium exchange of amino acids. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 59:1623–1631.
- 1993. The Strecker synthesis as a source of amino acids in carbonaceous chondrites: Deuterium retention during synthesis. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 57:4713–4723. , , and
- 1978. α-Hydroxycarboxylic acids in the Murchison meteorite. Nature 272:443–444. and
- 2001. Molecular and chiral analyses of some protein amino acid derivatives in the Murchison and Murray meteorites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 36:897–909. and
- 2009. Nitrogen-containing compounds in two CR2 meteorites: 15N composition, molecular distribution and precursor molecules. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73:2150–2162. and
- 2002. Molecular and isotopic analyses of Tagish Lake alkyl dicarboxylic acids. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 37:687–696. and
- 2005. The deuterium enrichment of individual amino acids in carbonaceous meteorites: A case for the presolar distribution of biomolecule precursors. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 69:599–605. and
- 2010. The organic composition of carbonaceous meteorites: The evolutionary story ahead of biochemistry. In The origins of life, edited by Deamer D. and Szostack J. W. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology. pp. 1–19. doi: 10.1101/cshperspect.a002105. and .
- 2012. Ammonia in the early solar system: An account from carbonaceous meteorites. The Astrophysical Journal 74:8. and
- 2001. The organic content of the Tagish lake meteorite. Science 293:2236–2239. , , , , , , and
- 2004. The carbon isotopic distribution of Murchison amino acids. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 68:4963–4969. , , and
- 2006. The nature and distribution of the organic material in carbonaceous chondrites and interplanetary dust particles. In Meteorites and the early solar system II, edited by Lauretta D. S. and McSween H. Y., Jr. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 625–651. , , and
- 2008. Molecular asymmetry in extraterrestrial chemistry: Insights from a pristine meteorite. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105:3700–3704. , , and
- 2003. Deuterium in molecules of the interstellar medium. Space Science Reviews 106:61–72. and
- 1990. Origin of organic materials. Nature 345:110–111. and
- 1990. Carbon isotope fractionation in Fisher-Tropsch type reactions (abstract #1694). 21st Lunar Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , , , , , , , and ,
- 1988. Aqueous alteration. In Meteorites and the early solar system, edited by Kerridge J. F. and Matthews M. S. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press. pp. 114–143. , and .
- 2002. Mineralogy of Tagish Lake: An ungrouped type-2 carbonaceous chondrite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 37:737–761. , , , , , and