Paired nakhlites MIL 090030, 090032, 090136, and 03346: Insights into the Miller Range parent meteorite
Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2012
© The Meteoritical Society, 2012
Meteoritics & Planetary Science
Volume 47, Issue 10, pages 1575–1589, October 2012
How to Cite
UDRY, A., McSWEEN Jr, H. Y., LECUMBERRI-SANCHEZ, P. and BODNAR, R. J. (2012), Paired nakhlites MIL 090030, 090032, 090136, and 03346: Insights into the Miller Range parent meteorite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 47: 1575–1589. doi: 10.1111/j.1945-5100.2012.01420.x
- Issue online: 8 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2012
- (Received 18 January 2012; revision accepted 25 August 2012)
- 1989. Abundances of the elements: Meteoritic and solar. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 53:197–214. and
- 1980. Comparative petrology and origin of Governador Valadares and other nakhlites. Proceedings, 11th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. pp. 1089–1102. , , and .
- 2011. An examination of the new Miller Range nakhlites (MIL 090030, 090032, and 090136) (abstract #2657). 42nd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , and .
- 2006. Petrology and chemistry of MIL 03346 and its significance in understanding the petrogenesis of nakhlites on Mars. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 41:581–606. , , , and
- 2005. MIL 03346, the most oxidized Martian meteorite: A first look at spectroscope, petrography, and mineral chemistry. Journal of Geophysical Research 110: E09005, 2005JE00246. , , , , , and .
- 1976. Opaque mineral oxides in terrestrial igneous rocks. In Oxide Minerals, edited by Rumble D. III. Reviews in Mineralogy, vol. 3. pp. 101–300.
- 2011. Comparisons of the four Miller Range nakhlites, MIL 03346, 090030, 090032 and 090136: Textural and compositional observations of primary and secondary mineral assemblages. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 46:1787–1803. and
- 2000. Measurement of crystal size distributions. American Mineralogist 85:1105–1116.
- 2007. Petrology of the Miller Range 03346 nakhlite in comparison with the Yamato-000593 nakhlite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 42:171–184. and
- 2003. Yamato nakhlites: Petrography and mineralogy. Antarctic Meteorite Research 16:13–33. , , , , and
- 2005. Petrology of the Yamato nakhlites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 40:1581–1598. , , and
- 2010. Northwest Africa 5790. Top sequence of the nakhlite pile (abstract #1696). 41st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , , , , , and .
- 1996. The spatial distribution of grains and crystals in rocks. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 125:60–74. , , , and
- 2003. Quantifying the building blocks of igneous rocks: Are clustered crystal frameworks the foundation? Journal of Petrology 44:2033–2051. , , and
- 2003. Crystal size distribution analysis of new nakhlites and Los Angeles: How do they compare with SNCs of old? (abstract #1914). 34th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and .
- 1999. Formation of a Martian pyroxenite: A comparative study of the nakhlite meteorites and Theo’s flow. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 34:919–932. , , and
- 2010. Clinopyroxene growth rate in mafic melts (abstract #33-8). Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs 42:100. .
- 1988. Crystal size distribution (CSD) in rocks and the kinetics and dynamics of crystallization, I. Theory. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 99:277–291.
- 1998. On the interpretation of crystal size distributions in magmatic systems. Journal of Petrology 39:553–599.
- 2005. Mineralogy and petrology of a new Antarctic meteorite MIL 03346 (abstract #2351). 36th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. and .
- 1985. SNC meteorites: Clues to Martian petrologic evolution? Reviews of Geophysics 23:391–416.
- 1998. Martian meteorites. In Planetary materials, edited by Papike J. J. Reviews in Mineralogy, vol. 36. Washington D.C.: Mineralogical Society of America. pp. 6.1–6.53. and .
- 2003. Mineralogy and petrology of Yamato-000593: Comparison with other Martian nakhlite meteorites. Antarctic Meteorite Research 16:34–57. , , , , and
- 2012. Relative burial depth of nakhlites revisited (abstract #2363). 43rd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , , , and .
- 2006. On estimating crystal shape for crystal size distribution analysis. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 154:1–7. and
- 2008. Analysis Management System (AMS) for reduction of laser ablation ICPMS data. In Laser-Ablation-ICPMS in the earth sciences: Current practices and outstanding issues, edited by Sylvester P. Vancouver: Mineralogical Association of Canada Short Course Series. pp. 318–327. , , and .
- 2001. Ages and geologic histories of Martian meteorites. Chronology and Evolution of Mars 96:105–164. , , , , , and
- 2001. REE and strontium partition coefficients for Nakhla pyroxenes (abstract #2174). 32nd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. CD-ROM. , , and .
- 2008. Oxygen fugacity in the Martian mantle controlled by carbon: New constraints from the nakhlite MIL 03346. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 43:1709–1723. , , , and
- 2002. A new Martian meteorite from Morocco: The nakhlite Northwest Africa 817. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 195:223–238. , , , , , , , and
- 2006. Cl-amphibole in the nakhlite MIL 03346: Evidence for sediment contamination in a Martian meteorite. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 52:45–55. , , and
- 2005. The nakhlite meteorites: Augite-rich igneous rocks from Mars. Chemie der Erde 65:203–270.
- 2008. Petrology of the nakhlite (Martian) meteorite Northwest Africa (NWA) 998. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 43:829–854. and
- 2000. The SNC meteorites are from Mars. Planetary and Space Sciences 48:1213–1230. , , and
- 1995. Trace and minor elements in minerals of nakhlites and Chassigny: Clues to their petrogenesis. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 59:3629–3645. and
- 2004. Trace element distributions in the Yamato 000593/000749, NWA 817 and NWA 998 nakhlites: Implications for their petrogenesis and mantle source on Mars. Antarctic Meteorite Research 17:97–116. , , and