An improved experimental hut design for the study of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) movement patterns in Thailand
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 35, Issue 2, pages 428–431, December 2010
How to Cite
Chareonviriyaphap, T., Grieco, J. P., Suwonkerd, W., Prabaripai, A., Polsomboon, S., Thainchum, K., Sungvornyothin, S. and Achee, N. L. (2010), An improved experimental hut design for the study of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) movement patterns in Thailand. Journal of Vector Ecology, 35: 428–431. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2010.00102.x
- Issue online: 22 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
- Received 25 February 2010; Accepted 29 April 2010
- 2005. A mark – release – recapture study using a novel portable hut design to define the flight behavior of Anopheles daring in Belize, Central America. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 21: 366–379. , , , , and .
- 1964. Experimental observation governing the choice of a test method for determining the DDT- irritability of adult mosquitoes. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Organ. 30: 97–111. .
- 2005. The use of an experimental hut for evaluating the entering and exiting behavior of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae), a primary vector of dengue in Thailand. J. Vector Ecol. 30: 344–346. , , , , , , and .
- 2000. A comparison study of house entering and exiting behavior of Anopheles vestitipennis (Diptera: Culicidae) using experimental huts sprayed with DDT and deltamethrin in Southern district of Toledo, Belize, C.A. J. Vector Ecol. 25: 62–73. , , , and .
- 2007. A new classification system for the actions of IRS chemicals traditionally used for malaria control. PLoS ONE: 8, e 716. , , , , , , and .
- 1947. The excitant and repellent effects on mosquitoes of sub-lethal contacts with DDT. Bull. Entomol. Res. 37: 593–607. .
- 1965. Effect of allethrin on feeding behavior of insects. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 120: 441–443. , , and .
- 1977. Insecticide avoidance by ovipositing Aedes aegypti. Mosq. News 37: 291–293. .
- 2005. Mosquito behavior and vector control. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 50: 53–70. and .
- 1984. Influence of physiological condition on the behavioral response of Anopheles darlingi to DDT. Mosq. News 44: 357–361. , , , and .
- 1965. A verandah- trap hut for studying the house frequenting habits of mosquitoes and for assessing insecticides. II. The effect of dichlorvos (DDVP) on egress and mortality of Anopheles gambiae Giles and Mansonia uniformis (Theo.) entering naturally. Bull. Entomol. Res. 56: 275–286. .
- 2009. Effects of environmental conditions on the movement patterns of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) into and out of experimental huts in Thailand. J. Vector Ecol. 34: 267–275. , , , , , and .
- 2006. The effect of host type on movement patterns of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) into and out of experimental huts in Thailand. J. Vector Ecol. 31: 311–318. , , , , , , and .
- 1942. Pyrethrum powder: a preliminary note on its use in the control of insect vectors of diseases. East African Med. J. 18: 360–377. , , and .
- 2001. Movement of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) released in a small isolated village on Hainan Island, China. J. Med. Entomol. 38: 93–98. , , , and .