Frequencies of pyrethroid resistance-associated mutations of Vssc1 and CYP6D1 in field populations of Musca domestica L. in Turkey
Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 239–247, December 2011
How to Cite
Taşkın, V., Başkurt, S., Doğaç, E. and Taşkın, B. G. (2011), Frequencies of pyrethroid resistance-associated mutations of Vssc1 and CYP6D1 in field populations of Musca domestica L. in Turkey. Journal of Vector Ecology, 36: 239–247. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2011.00164.x
- Issue online: 30 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
- Received 9 August 2010; Accepted 15 January 2011
- 2006. The status and seasonal changes of organophosphate and pyrethroid resistance in Turkish populations of the house fly, Musca domestica L. (Diptera: Muscidae). J. Vector. Ecol. 31: 58–64. and .
- 1983. Chromosomal walking and jumping to isolate DNA from the Ace and rosy loci and bithorax complex in D. melanogaster. J. Mol. Biol. 168: 17–33. , , and .
- 1998. Golden age of insecticide research: past, present, or future? Annu. Rev. Entomol. 43: 1–16. and .
- 1997. A single amino acid in the para sodium channel protein is associated with knock-down-resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides in German cockroach. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 27: 93–100.
- 1998. The knockdown resistance (kdr) mutation in pyrethroid-resistant German cockroaches. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 60: 195–204. , , , , and .
- 1978. Synthetic pyrethroids-a new class of insecticide. Chem. Soc. Rev. 7: 473–505. and .
- 2003. Analogous peliotropic effects of insecticide resistance genotypes in peach-potato aphids and house flies. Heredity 91: 98–106. , , , , , and .
- 2006. Role of the transcriptional repressor mdGfi-1 in CYP6D1v1- mediated insecticide resistance in the house fly, Musca domestica. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 36: 387–395. and .
- 2002. Use of the polymerase chain reaction to investigate the dynamics of pyrethroid resistance in Haematobia irritans irritans (Diptera: Muscidae). J. Med. Entomol. 39: 747–754. , , , and .
- 2004. Frequency of kdr gene in house fly field populations: Correlation of pyrethroid resistance and kdr frequency. J. Econ. Entomol. 97: 1036–1041. , , , and .
- 1998. Role of the kdr and super-kdr sodium channel mutations in pyrethroid resistance: correlation of allelic frequency to resistance level in wild and laboratory populations of horn flies (Haematobia irritans). Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 28: 1031–1037. , , , and .
- 2001. Field studies of Entomophora (Zygomycetes: Entomophthorales) induced behavioral fever in Musca domestica (Diptera: Muscidae) in Denmark. Biol. Contr. 21: 264–273. , , and .
- 2000. Overexpression of cytochrome P450 CYP6D1 is associated with monooxygenase-mediated pyrethroid resistance in house flies from Georgia. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 168: 34–41. and .
- 2004. MEGA3: Integrated software for Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis and sequence alignment. Brief. Bioinform. 5: 150–163. , , and .
- 1999. Molecular analysis of kdr-like resistance in a permethrin-resistant strain of Colorado patoto beetle. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 63: 63–75. , , , and .
- 2002. Metabolic detoxication and the kdr mutation in pytrethroid resistant house flies, Musca domestica (L.). Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 73: 157–163. and .
- 1995. Genetics of resistance to pyrethroid insecticides in the house fly Musca domestica. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 52: 116–124. and .
- 1996. Genetic analysis of factors controlling elevated cytochrome P450, CYP6D1, cytochrome bs, P450 reductase and monoxygenase activities in LPR house flies. Musca domestica. Biochem. Genet. 34: 133–148. and .
- 1997. Inheritance of CYP6D1-mediated pyrethroid resistance in house fly (Diptera: Muscidae). J. Econ. Entomol. 90: 1478–1481. and .
- 1998. Increased transcription of CYP6D1 causes cytochrome P450-mediated insecticide resistance in house fly. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 28: 531–535. and .
- 1995. Allele specific PCR reveals that the cytochrome P450lpr gene is on chromosome1 in the house fly Musca domestica. Experientia 51: 164–167. , , and .
- 1983. Effect of four spray regimes on the development of permethrin and dichlorvos resistance in the laboratory, by the house fly (Dipterae: Muscidae). J. Econ. Entomol. 76: 417–422. , , , and .
- 1998. Molecular characterization of pyrethroid knockdown resistance (kdr) in the major malaria vector Anopheles gambiae S.S. Insect Mol. Biol. 7: 179–184. , , , , , , , , and .
- 1999. A sodium channel point mutation is associated with resistance to DDT and pyrethroid insecticides in the peach potato aphid, Myzus persiace (Sulzer) (Hemiptera: Aphididae). Insect Mol. Biol. 8: 339–346. , , , , and .
- 1992. Environmental and economic costs of pesticide use. BioScience 42: 750–760. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2000. Identification of a point mutation in the voltage-gated sodium channel gene of Kenyan Anopheles gambiae associated with resistance to DDT and pyrethroids. Insect Mol. Biol. 9: 491–497. , , , , , and .
- 2006. Frequencies of the pyrethroid resistance alleles of Vssc1 and CYP6D1 in house flies from the eastern United States. Insect Mol. Biol. 15: 157–167. , , , , , and .
- 2007. Dynamics of insecticide resistance alleles in house fly populations from New York and Florida. Insect. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 37: 550–558. , , , and .
- 1998. Toxicological, electrophysiological, and molecular characterization of knockdown resistance to pyrethroid insecticides in the diamond-back moth, Plutella xylostella (L.). Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 59: 169–182. , , , , , , and .
- 1986. Mechanisms responsible for high levels of permethrin resistance in the house fly. Pest. Sci. 17: 195–206. and .
- 1989. Insecticide resistance of house flies from New York dairies (Diptera: Muscidae). J. Agric. Entomol. 6: 53–64. , , and .
- 1997. Pyrethroid resistance associated with decreased biotic fitness in horn flies (Diptera: Muscidae). Southwest. Entomol. 22: 405–410. , , and .
- 1998. Insect cytochromes P450: diversity, insecticide resistance and tolerance to plant toxins. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 121C: 147–155. , , and .
- 1999. House-fly cytochrome P450 CYP6D1: 5′ flanking sequences and comparison of alleles. Gene 226: 347–353. , , , , , and .
- 2002. The CYP6D1v1 allele is associated pyrethroid resistance in the house fly, Musca domestica. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 72: 40–44. and .
- 1985. Pyrethroid resistance: importance of the kdr-type mechanism. J. Pestic. Sci. 10: 141–146.
- 2002. Genetics and mechanisms of permethrin resistance in the YPER strain of house fly. Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 73: 27–36. , , , , and .
- 2003. The molecular biology of knockdown resistance to pyrethroid insecticides. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 33: 563–577. and .
- 2004. The genetic basis of malathion resistance in house fly (Musca domestica L.) strains from Turkey. Russ. J. Genet. 40: 1475–1482. and .
- 2009. Potential biomonitoring use of variations in esterase, glutathione-s-transferase, and acethylcholinesterase activities in Musca domestica L. Fresen. Environ. Bull. 18: 2079–2085. , , , and .
- 1995. Molecular mechanisms involved in increased expression of a cytochrome P450 responsible for pyrethroid resistance in the house fly, Musca domestica. Insect Mol. Biol. 4: 135–140. , , , , and .
- 1993. Knockdown resistance (kdr) to DDT and pyrethroid insecticides maps to a sodium channel gene locus in the house fly (Musca domestica). Mol. Gen. Genet. 240: 17–22. , , , and .
- 1996. Identification of mutations in the house fly para-type sodium channel gene associated with knockdown resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides. Mol. Gen. Genet. 252: 51–60. , , , and .