Polymorphism in the acetylcholinesterase gene of Musca domestica L. field populations in Turkey
Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 248–257, December 2011
How to Cite
Başkurt, S., Taşkın, B. G., Doğaç, E. and Taşkın, V. (2011), Polymorphism in the acetylcholinesterase gene of Musca domestica L. field populations in Turkey. Journal of Vector Ecology, 36: 248–257. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2011.00165.x
- Issue online: 30 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 NOV 2011
- Received 10 August 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
- 2006. The status and seasonal changes of organophosphate and pyrethroid resistance in Turkish populations of the house fly, Musca domestica L. (Diptera: Muscidae). J. Vector Ecol. 31: 58–64. and .
- 1950. Some properties of specific cholinesterase with particular reference to the mechanism of inhibition by diethyl p-nitrophenyl thiophosphate (E605) and analogues. Biochem J. 46: 451–460.
- 1983. Chromosomal walking and jumping to isolate DNA from the Ace and rosy loci and bithorax complex in D. melanogaster. J. Mol. Biol. 168: 17–33. , , and .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding, Anal. Biochem. 72: 248–254.
- 2001. The acetylcholinesterase gene and organophosphorus resistance in the Australian sheep blowfly, Lucilia cuprina. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 31: 805–816. , , , , and .
- 1999. Population genetics of insecticide resistance in the mosquito Culex pipiens. Biol. J. Linn. Soc. 68: 147–157. , , , , and .
- 2002. Relationship between biomarker activity and developmental endpoints in Chironomus riparius Meigen exposed to an organophosphate insecticide. Ecotox. Environ. Safe. 53: 361–369. , , , and .
- 2005. Problems of the pesticide application, residue, and decrease of susceptibility in organisms in Turkey. Turkey Agricultural Engineeringship VI. Technical Congress, Ankara - Turkey , pp. 629–648. , , , , , and .
- 1961. A new and rapid colorimetric determination of acetylcholinesterase activity. Biochem. Pharmacol. 7: 88–95. , , , and .
- 1993. A Point mutation in a Drosophila GABA receptor confers insecticide resistance. Nature 363: 449–451. , , , and .
- 1988. Molecular evidence that insecticide resistance in peach-potato aphid (Myzus persicae Sulz.) results from amplification of an esterase gene. Biochem. J. 251: 309–312. , , and .
- 1992a. Insect glutathione transferase. Biochemical characteristics of the major forms from houseflies susceptible and resistant to insecticides. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 1840–1845. , , , , and .
- 1992b. Acetylcholinesterase: two types of modifications confer resistance to insecticides. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 14270–14274. , , , and .
- 2009. Partial base sequence analysis of MdαE7 gene and ali-esterase enzyme activities in field collected populations of house fly (Musca domestica L.) from Mediterranean and Aegean Regions of Turkey. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 94: 88–92. , and .
- 2006. Mutations in the acetylcholinesterase gene of Bactrocera dorsalis associated with resistance to organophosphorus insecticides. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 36: 396–402. , , , and .
- 2008. A small deletion in the olive fly acetylcholinesterase gene associated with high levels of organophosphate resistance. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 38: 781–787. , , , , , and .
- 2009. Frequencies and evolution of organophosphate insensitive acetylcholinesterase alleles in laboratory and field populations of the house fly, Musca domestica L. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 95: 6–11. , , and .
- 2001a. Fenitroxon insensitive acetylcholinesterases of the house fly, Musca domestica associated with point mutations. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 31: 991–997. , , , and .
- 2001b. Polymorphism in the acetylcholinesterase gene of the house fly, Musca domestica L. (Diptera: Muscidae). Appl. Entomol. Zool. 36: 377–380. , , , and .
- 2006. Variation of Musca domestica L. acetylcholinesterase in Danish house fly populations. Pest. Manag. Sci. 62: 738–745. , , , and .
- 2004. MEGA3: Integrated software for Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis and sequence alignment. Brief. Bioinform. 5: 150–163. , , and .
- 1967. Penetration, excretion and metabolism of carbaryl in susceptible and resistant German cockroaches, J. Econ. Entomol 60: 1328–1332. and .
- 2005. Seasonal variability in biomarkers in the bivalves Mytilus edulis and Macoma balthica from the northern Baltic Sea. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. C 140: 408–421. and .
- 2006. Resistance pattern and point mutations of insensitive acetylcholinesterase in a carbamate-resistant strain of house fly (Musca domestica). Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 86: 1–6. , , , , , and .
- 2010. Biochemical basis of permethrin resistance in Anopheles arabiensis from Lower Moshi, north-eastern Tanzania. Malaria J. 9: 193. , , , , , , and .
- 2004. Mutations of acetylcholinesterase which confer insecticide resistance in Drosophila melanogaster populations. BMC Evol. Biol. 4: 4. , , , , and .
- 1986. Amplification of an esterase gene is responsible for insecticide resistance in a California Culex mosquito. Science 233: 778–780. , , , , , , , and .
- 1994. Resistance-associated point mutation in insecticide insensitive acetylcholinesterase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 91: 5922–5926. , , , and .
- 2003. An amino acid substitution on the second acetylcholinesterae in the pirimicarb-resistant strains of the pearch potao aphid, Myzus persicae. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 307: 15–22. and .
- 2004. An amino acid substitu substitution attributable to insecticide-insensitivity of acetylcholinesterase in a Japanese encephalitis vector mosquito, Culex tritaeniorhynchus. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 313: 794–801. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 1995. The same esterase B1 is amplified in insecticide resistant mosquitoes of the Culex pipiens complex from the Americas and China. Heredity. 74: 339–345. and .
- 1991. Worldwide migration of amplified insecticide resistance genes in mosquitoes. Nature. 350: 151–153. , , ,
- 2003. DnaSP, DNA polymorphism analyses by the coalescent and other methods. Bioinformatics 19: 2496–2497. , , , and .
- 2004. Two major classes of target site insensitivity mutations confer resistance to organophosphate and carbamate insecticides. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 79: 84–93. , , , , , and .
- 1991. Atomic structure of acetylcholinesterase from Torpedo californica- a prototypic acetylcholine-binding protein. Science 253: 872–879. , , , , , , and .
- 2004. The genetic basis of malathion resistance in house fly (Musca domestica L.) strains from Turkey. Russian J. Genet. 40: 1475–1482. and .
- 2009. Potential use of variation in esterase, glutathione-S-transferase, and acetylcholinesterase activities in Musca domestica L. in biomonitoring. Fres. Environ. Bull. 18: 2079–2085. , , , and .
- 2004. Two amino acid substitutions in acetylcholinesterase associated with pirimicarb and organophosphorous insecticide resistance in the cotton aphid, Aphis gossypii Glover (Homoptera: Aphididae). Insect Mol. Biol. 13: 549–553. , , , and .
- 2002. Resistance associated point mutations of organophosphate insensitive acethylcholinesterase in the olive fruit fly Bactrocera oleae. Insect Mol. Biol. 11: 329–336. , , and .
- 2001. Identification and characterization of mutations in housefly (Musca domestica) acetylcholinesterase involved in insecticide resistance. Biochem. J. 359: 175–181. , , , , , , and .
- 2002. A novel acetylcholinesterase gene in mosquitoes codes for the insecticide target and is non-homologous to the ace gene in Drosophila. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B Biol. Sci. 269: 2007–2016. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Insecticide resistance in mosquito vectors. Nature 423: 136–137. , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2004. The unique mutation in ace-1 giving high insecticide resistance is easily detected in mosquito vectors. Insect Mol. Biol. 13: 1–7. , , , , , , and .
- 1996. Identification of mutations in the housefly para-type sodium channel gene associated with knockdown resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides. Mol. Gen. Genet. 252: 51–60. , , , and .