A comparison of adult mosquito trapping regimes across seasons and ecosystems in Darwin, Australia
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 284–288, December 2012
How to Cite
Jacups, S. P. and Whelan, P. I. (2012), A comparison of adult mosquito trapping regimes across seasons and ecosystems in Darwin, Australia. Journal of Vector Ecology, 37: 284–288. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2012.00229.x
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 20 January 2012
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology. 2009. Australian Bureau of Meteorology Website. Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Darwin . 18/09/2009. http://www.bom.gov.au/announcements/media_releases/nt/20040505.shtml.
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology. 2010. Australian Bureau of Meteorology Website. 6/11/2008. http://www.bom.gov.au.
- 2001 Time-series-cross-section-data: What have we learned in the past few years? Annu. Rev. Political Sci. 4: 271–293.
- 1972. Arboviruses in Australia. Aust. Vet. J. 48: 172–179.
- 1997. Oviposition sites of the saltmarsh mosquito, Aedes vigilax (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae), at Homebush Bay, Sydney, NSW- a preliminary investigation. Aust. J. Entomol. 36: 97–100. and
- 2008. Ross River virus and Barmah Forest virus infections: a review of history, ecology, and predictive models, with implications for tropical northern Australia. Vector Borne Zoonot. Dis. 8: 283–298. , , and .
- 2009. A comparison of Aedes vigilax larval population densities and associated vegetation categories in a coastal wetland, Northern Territory, Australia. J. Vector Ecol. 34: 311–316. , , , and .
- 1981. Mosquitoes: their interrelationships with man, In: R. L. Kitching and R. E. Jones (eds.), The Ecology of Pests. CSIRO publishing, Melbourne . pp. 157–74. , , and .
- 2009. Vegetation parameters as indicators for salt marsh mosquito larval control in coastal swamps in northern Australia. Arbov. Res. Aust. 10: 84–90. , , , and
- 2005. Rainfall, mosquito vector numbers and seroconversions in sentinal chickens to Murray Valley encephalitis virus in the Northern Territory. Arbov. Res. Aust. 9: 188–192. , , , , and .
- 1926. The mosquitoes of the Sydney district. Aust. Nat. 6: 33–42.
- Marks, E.N. (ed.) 1973. An Atlas of Common Queensland Mosquitoes. Univ. Qd. Bksp, St Lucia . 102 pp.
- 2005. Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using STATA . Stata Press, Texas . and .
- 1984. Record winter rains and the minimal populations of Aedes taeniorhynchus (Wiedemann): Cause and effect? J. Fla. Anti-Mosq. Assoc. 55: 14–21.
- 1994. Ross River virus: disease trends and vector ecology in Australia. Bull. Soc. Vector Ecol. 19: 73–81.
- 1995. Arboviruses and their vectors in Australia: an update on the ecology and epidemiology of some mosquito-borne arboviruses. Rev. Med. Vet. Entomol. 83: 141–158.
- 1998. Mosquito-borne arboviruses in Australia: the current scene and implications of climate change for human health. Intl. J. Parasitol. 28: 955–969.
- 1986. Seasonal prevalence of adult mosquitoes at Casuarina and Leanyer, Darwin. Aust. J. Ecol. 11: 99–105. and .
- 1999. Towards management of mosquitoes at Homebush Bay, Sydney, Australia. I. Seasonal activity and relative abundance of adults of Aedes vigilax, Culex sitiens, and other salt-marsh species, 1993–94 through 1997–98. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 15: 242–249. and .
- 1989. Integrated mosquito control in Darwin. Arbo. Res. Aust. 5: 178–185.
- 2007. Mosquito vector control in the Northern Territory. NT Disease Contr. Bull. 14: 12–18.
- 1997. Ross River virus transmission in Darwin Northern Territory, Australia. Arbov. Res. Aust. 7: 337–345. , , and .