Resting environments of some Costa Rican mosquitoes
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 12–19, June 2013
How to Cite
Burkett-Cadena, N., Graham, S. P. and Giovanetto, L. A. (2013), Resting environments of some Costa Rican mosquitoes. Journal of Vector Ecology, 38: 12–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2013.12004.x
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Received 6 August 2012; Accepted 6 October 2012
- 1972. Studies on the diurnal resting habits of Anopheles albimanus and A. pseudopunctipennis in El Salvador. Mosq. News 32: 99–106.
- 2008. Preference of female mosquitoes for natural and artificial resting sites. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 24: 228–235. , and .
- 2011. A wire-frame shelter for collecting resting mosquitoes. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 27: 153–155.
- 1952. Mosquito studies in the Panama Canal Zone during 1949 and 1950 (Diptera, Culicidae). Am. Midl. Nat. 48: 673–682. and .
- 1983. The mosquitoes of Guatemala: their identification, distribution and bionomics. Mosq. Syst. 15: 151–284. and .
- 2005. EstimateS: Statistical estimation of species richness and shared species from samples. Version 7.5. User's Guide and application published at: http://purl.oclc.org/estimates.
- 1986. Entomological studies at an enzootic Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus focus in Guatemala, 1977–1980. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 35: 851–859. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Transmission of eastern equine encephalomyelitis virus in central Alabama. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 68: 495–500. , , , , and .
- 1983. The occurrence of Psorophora cingulata and Uranotaenia apicalis in Guatemala. Mosq. Syst. 15: 28–32.
- 2000. Diversity, composition, and structure of tropical dry forest in Central America. Plant Ecol. 147: 37–47. , , and .
- 2001. Quantifying biodiversity: procedures and pitfalls in the measurement and comparison of species richness. Ecol. Lett. 4: 379–391. and .
- 1972. Partial exophily of Anopheles gambiae species B in the Khashm Elgirba area in eastern Sudan. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org. 46: 39–42.
- 1977. Collection records of the project “Mosquitoes of Middle America” 7. Costa Rica (CR). Mosq. Syst. 9: 237–287. and .
- 1995. A nestable fiber pot for sampling resting mosquitoes. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 11: 463–467. , , .
- 1940. The mosquitoes of Costa Rica. Amer. J. Trop. Med. 20: 383–422. , , and .
- 2005. Estimating species accumulation curves using mixtures. Biometrics 61: 433–441. , , and .
- 2009. Handbook of Biological Statistics 2. nd ed. Sparky House Publishing, Baltimore , Maryland .
- 1985. Portable, battery-powered aspirators for collecting for collecting adult mosquitoes. Mosq. News 363: 102–105. , , and .
- 1971. Sweeping as a mosquito sampling technique. Proc. NJ Mosq. Extermin. Assoc. 58: 93–97.
- 2005. Mosquito behavior and vector control. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 50: 53–70. and .
- 1946. The genus Uranotaenia Lynch Arribalzaga in Puerto Rico. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am. 39: 576–584.
- 1977. A critical review of procedures for sampling populations of adult mosquitoes. Bull. Entomol. Res. 67: 343–382.
- 1986. Malaria resurgence in India: A critical study. Soc. Sci. Med. 22: 835–845. and .
- 2009. Wetland cover types and plant community changes in response to cattail-control activities in the Palo Verde Marsh, Costa Rica. Ecol. Restor. 27: 3. , , , , , and .
- 2000. Vector competence of Peruvian mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) for epizootic and enzootic strains of Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis virus. J. Med. Entomol. 37: 835–839. , , , , , , , , and .
- 1975. Natural infections of Anopheles albimanus with Plasmodium in a small malaria focus. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 24: 545–546. , , and .
- 1974. Anopheles gambiae complex and disease transmission in Africa. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 68: 279–301.
- 1952. A study of summer foliage insect communities in the Great Smoky Mountains. Ecol. Monogr. 22: 1–44.
- World Health Organization. 2009. World Malaria Report 2009.
- 2009. Identification of Culex (Melanoconion) species of the United States using female cibarial armature (Diptera: Culicidae). J. Med. Entomol. 46: 745–752. and .