Colonization of UK coastal realignment sites by mosquitoes: implications for design, management, and public health
Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 53–62, June 2013
How to Cite
Medlock, J.M. and Vaux, A.G.C. (2013), Colonization of UK coastal realignment sites by mosquitoes: implications for design, management, and public health. Journal of Vector Ecology, 38: 53–62. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2013.12008.x
- Issue online: 23 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2013
- Received 22 August 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
- 1997 Contours of Death and Disease in Early Modern England. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 2008. Managed Realignment in the Humber Estuary, UK . Institute of Estuarine and Coastal Studies (IECS), University of Hull, UK . Report produced as part of the European Interreg IIIB HARBASINS project. , , and .
- 2004. Coastal and Estuarine Managed Realignment–Design Issues . CIRIA C268, London . 46 pp. , , and .
- 2006. Predicting future areas suitable for vivax malaria in the United Kingdom. Report to the Foresight project ‘Infectious Diseases: preparing for the future’. Available online: http://www.foresight.gov.uk. and .
- 2007. Assessing the development of newly created habitat for wintering estuarine birds. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 75: 163–174. , , , and .
- 2005. Potential transmission of West Nile virus in the British Isles: an ecological review of candidate mosquito bridge vectors. Med. Vet. Entomol. 19: 2–21. , , and .
- 2007. Possible ecology and epidemiology of medically important mosquito-borne arboviruses in Great Britain. Epidemiol. Infect. 135: 466–482. , , and .
- 2011. Assessing the possible implications of wetland expansion and management on mosquitoes in Britain. Eur. Mosq. Bull. 29: 38–65. and .
- 2012. Mosquito nuisance and control in the UK – A questionnaire-based survey of local authorities. Eur. Mosq. Bull. 30: 15–29. , , , , and .
- 2012. Effects of climate change on vector-borne disease. In: Health Effects of Climate Change in the UK 2012. Department of Health, London . and .
- 2009. UK Climate Projections Science Report: Climate Change Projections . Met Office Hadley Centre, Exeter . , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- 2009 Saltwater wetlands (mangrove swamps and saltmarshes): mosquito production and management. http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/saltwet.htm Accessed 25 October 2012.
- 2001. The Mosquitoes of Europe / Les moustiques d'Europe. Programme d'identification et d'enseignment, Montpellier, IRD Ed. and EID Mediterranée (CD-ROM). , , , , , and .
- 1968. The ecology of the immature stages of Aedes detritus. J. Appl. Ecol. 5: 613–630.
- Society of Wetland Scientists. 2009. Current practices in wetland management for mosquito control http://www.sws.org/wetland_concerns/docs/SWS-MosquitoWhitePaperFinal.pdf Accessed 25 October 2012.
- 1990. Mosquitoes. Naturalists' Handbooks Series. Richmond Publishers, London .
- Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.) 2007. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge , United Kingdom and New York , NY , U.S.A.
- 1996. Vector competence of Egyptian mosquitoes for Rift Valley fever virus. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 54: 136–139. , , , , , , and .