The impact of encroachment of mangroves into saltmarshes on saltwater mosquito habitats
Version of Record online: 11 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Society for Vector Ecology
Journal of Vector Ecology
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 330–338, December 2013
How to Cite
Dale, P., Eslami-Andargoli, L. and Knight, J. (2013), The impact of encroachment of mangroves into saltmarshes on saltwater mosquito habitats. Journal of Vector Ecology, 38: 330–338. doi: 10.1111/j.1948-7134.2013.12048.x
- Issue online: 11 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JUL 2016
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAY 2013
- 2003. Partial Least Squares (PLS) Regression. In: M. LewisBeck, A. Bryman, and T. Futing (eds.) Encyclopedia of Social Sciences Research Methods. Thousand Oaks (CA), Sage.
- 1992. Eggshells as an index of aedine mosquito production 2: relationship of Aedes taeniorhynchus eggshell density to larval production. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 8: 38–43. , , , and .
- 2009. Climate risk report Scoping Climate Change Risk for Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC). 82 pp. avilable online: http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/uploadedFiles/moretonbay/environment/ScopingClimateChangeRisk.pdf. Accessed 3 July 2013. , , , , and .
- 2009. Partial least squares regression as an alternative to current regression methods used in ecology. Oikos 18: 681–690. , , and .
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of VectorBorne Diseases (2009) West Nile Virus. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/mosquitoSpecies.htm#99. Accessed 29 April 2013.
- 1986. Distribution of the immature stages of Aedes vigilax on a coastal salt marsh in South East Queensland. Aust. J. Ecol. 11: 269–278. , , , and .
- 2008. Wetlands and mosquitoes: a review. Wetl. Ecol. Mgt. 16: 255–276. and .
- 2008. Habitat characteristics and eggshell distribution of the salt marsh mosquito, Aedes vigilax, in marshes in subtropical eastern Australia. 8 pp. J. Insect Sci. 8:25, available online: insectscience.org/8.25 , , , , , and .
- Department of Health and Ageing. 2013. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/Source/CDAindex.cfm Accessed April 30 2013.
- 2013. Does spatial scale affect the pattern of mangrove change under different rainfall regimes? An example in southeast Queensland, Australia. Austral. Ecol. 38: 208–218. , , and .
- 2010. Local and landscape effects on spatial patterns of mangrove forest during wetter and drier periods: Moreton Bay, Southeast Queensland. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 89: 53–61. , , , and .
- 2009. Mangrove expansion and rainfall patterns in Moreton Bay, southeast Queensland, Australia, Australia. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 85: 292–298. , , , and .
- 2010. Identifying mosquito habitat microtopography in an Australian mangrove forest using LiDARderived elevation data. Wetlands 30: 929–937. , , and .
- 2003. Autogeny in Ochlerotatus vigilax (Diptera: Culicidae) from Southeast Queensland, Australia. J. Med. Entomol. 40: 897–902. , , and .
- 2008. Ross River virus and Barmah Forest virus infections: A review of history, ecology, and predictive models, with implications for tropical northern Australia. Vector Borne Zoonot. Dis. 8: 283–297. , , and .
- 2011. A model of mosquitomangrove basin ecosystems with implications for management. Ecosystems 14: 1382–1395.
- 2009. Exploring LiDAR data for mapping the microtopography and tidal hydrodynamics of mangrove systems: An example from southeast Queensland, Australia. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 85: 593–600. , , , and .
- 2012. Oviposition and larval habitat preferences of the saltwatermosquito, Aedes vigilax, in a subtropical mangrove forest in Queensland, Australia. J. Insect Sci. 12: On line: insectscience.org/12.16. , , , and .
- 2004. Global Change Impacts on Mangrove Ecosystems. U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey.
- 1986. Spatial and temporal patterns of mangroves at Oyster Point Bay South East Queensland, 1944–1983. Proc. R. Soc. Qld. 99: 83–91. , , and .
- 2001. Minimizing impacts of mosquito managemnt in ecologically sensitive urban areas: a mulitscale approach. In: Nature Conservation 5. J.L. Craig, M. Mitchell and D. Saunders (eds.) pp. 448–455. Surrey Beatty and Sons, Chipping Norton, NSW, Australia. and .
- 2000. The spatial distribution of Ross River virus infections in Brisbane: significance of residential location and relationships with vegetation types. Environ. Hlth. Prev. Med. 4: 184–189. , , and .
- 2008. Biomorphodynamics: Physicalbiological feedbacks that shape landscapes. Water Resour. Res. 44: W11301, doi:10.1029/2007WR006410. , , , and .
- 2012. Measuring, mapping and modelling: an integrated approach to the management of mangrove and saltmarsh in the Minnamurra River estuary, southeast Australia. Wetl. Ecol. Mgt. 20: 352–371. , , , and .
- Queensland Government. 2009. South East Queensland Regional Plan 2009–2031. Queensland Department of Infrastructure and Planning, Brisbane, Queensland.
- Queensland Government. 2012. Queensland Coastal Plan State Planning Policy 3/11 Guideline: Coastal Protection. Department of Environment and Resource Management, Brisbane, Queensland.
- 1992. Oviposition preferences of Aedes taeniorhynchus (Diptera: Culicidae) in Florida mangrove forests. Environ. Entomol. 21: 737–744. and .
- 1994. Dispersion and sampling of Aedes vigilax eggshells in Southeast Queensland, Australia. J. Am. Mosq. Contr. Assoc. 10: 181–185. and .
- 1999. Mangrove transgression into saltmarsh environments in southeast Australia. Global Ecol. Biogeogr. 8: 117–124. and .
- 2001. Changes in the distribution of mangroves and saltmarshes in Jervis Bay, Australia. Wetl. Ecol. Mgt. 9: 409–420. and .
- 1976. Notes on the biology of the saltmarsh mosquito, Aedes vigilax (Skuse) in south east Queensland. Qd. Nat. 21: 134–139.
- 2009. A conceptual model for the responses of mangrove forests to sea level rise. J. Coast. Res. Special Issue 56: 267–271.
- The State of Queensland (Office of Treasury and Trade). 2013. Population and Dwellings, South East Queensland. http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/products/profiles/.../pophousingprofilesseq.pdf. viewed 7th May 2013.
- 2011. Managing for change: wetland transitions under sealevel rise and outcomes for threatened species. Divers. Distrib. 17: 1225–1233. , , , , , , and .
- 2010. Present and future arboviral threats. Antivir. Res. 85: 328–345. and .