Author Note: The authors wish to thank all the girls (big and small) of the program Scientifines for their participation in the research project. The research on that program was supported in part by grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Fonds de recherche sur la société et la culture de Québec. The authors also wish to thank the staff and students of the University of Northern Colorado Upward Bound Mathematics and Science program “COSMOS” for their participation as well as their assistance in locating and tracking the students. Thanks to Dr. Edward Bilsky and his lab for serving as a mentor, and special thanks to Dalton Miller-Jones, Elizabeth Swanson, and Shandy Hauk for their helpful comments and stimulating discussions.
The Role of Afterschool and Community Science Programs in the Lives of Urban Youth
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2010
2005 School Science and Mathematics Association
School Science and Mathematics
Volume 105, Issue 6, pages 283–291, October 2005
How to Cite
Rahm, J., Martel-Reny, M.-P. and Moore, J. C. (2005), The Role of Afterschool and Community Science Programs in the Lives of Urban Youth. School Science and Mathematics, 105: 283–291. doi: 10.1111/j.1949-8594.2005.tb18129.x
This work was supported in part by grants from the U.S. Department of Education (P047M 990093-00) and the U.S. National Science Foundation (ESI-0119786).
Jrène Rahm, Université de Montréal, Faculté des sciences de l'éducation, Département de psychopédagogie et d'andragogie; Marie-Paule Martel-Reny, Department of Religion, Concordia University; John C. Moore, University of Northern Colorado, Mathematics and Science Teaching Institute.
Electronic mail may be sent via Internet to email@example.com
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!