An earlier version of this essay was presented as the Glasmacher Lecture in Ottawa on 3 February 2011, at the Symposium on Conflict Resolution, Centre for Research on Conflict of Saint Paul University, Department of Law of Carleton University, and the Faculty of Law of the University of Ottawa. The author thanks the symposium's organizer, Vernon Neufeld Redekop, and commentators Andrea Bartloli, Heather Eaton, Merle Lefkoff, and Jo Ann St. Lewis, as well as several conferees for criticisms and comments; also Stephen Advocate in New Haven, Daryl Moriani in Brisbane, and Yurim Yi, Peter Zaitsev, and Victor Kava in Boston for their close readings and suggestions.
Can – Should – Must We Negotiate with Evil?*
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
© 2011 Center for International Studies, Inha University
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 316–335, December 2011
How to Cite
Clemens Jr., W. C. (2011), Can – Should – Must We Negotiate with Evil?. Pacific Focus, 26: 316–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1976-5118.2011.01067.x
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!