This paper was read at the international conference on “Rising China in the Global Oil Market: Order Taker or Game Changer” Department of Diplomacy, National Chenchi University, 16 December 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China. Originally presented at the Third International Workshop “The South China Sea: Cooperation for Regional Security and Development,” Hanoi, Vietnam, 3–5 November 2011. This an updated and longer version of a paper that was presented in a conference on “Cooperation for Peace, Stability and Development in the South China Sea in the New Context,” Institute of Chinese Studies and Center for ASEAN and China Studies, Vietnamese Academy of the Social Sciences, Hanoi, Vietnam, 20–22 September 2011.
The Risk of Applying Realpolitik in Resolving the South China Sea Dispute: Implications on Regional Security*
Article first published online: 9 AUG 2012
© 2012 Center for International Studies, Inha University
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 262–289, August 2012
How to Cite
De Castro, R. C. (2012), The Risk of Applying Realpolitik in Resolving the South China Sea Dispute: Implications on Regional Security. Pacific Focus, 27: 262–289. doi: 10.1111/j.1976-5118.2012.01084.x
- Issue published online: 9 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 9 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!