Global Poverty Reduction to 2015 and Beyond: What has been the Impact of the MDGs and what are the Options for a Post-2015 Global Framework?
Article first published online: 24 NOV 2010
© 2010 Institute of Development Studies
IDS Working Papers
Special Issue: Global Poverty Reduction to 2015 and Beyond: What has been the Impact of the MDGs and What are the Options for a Post-2015 Global Framework?
Volume 2010, Issue 348, pages 01–31, October 2010
How to Cite
Sumner, A. and Tiwari, M. (2010), Global Poverty Reduction to 2015 and Beyond: What has been the Impact of the MDGs and what are the Options for a Post-2015 Global Framework?. IDS Working Papers, 2010: 01–31. doi: 10.1111/j.2040-0209.2010.00348_2.x
- Issue published online: 24 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 24 NOV 2010
- 2010) Acute Multi-dimensional Poverty Index: A New Index for Developing Countries, OPHI Working Paper 38, Oxford : Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI). and (
- 2010) Beyond Planning: Markets and Networks for Better Aid, CGD Working Paper 185, Washington , DC : Centre for Global Development (CGD). (
- 2009) Food and Energy Shortages will Create ‘Perfect Storm’, downloaded at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5015051/Food-and-energy-shortages-will-create-perfect-storm-says-Prof-John-Beddington.html (accessed 14 September 2010). (
- 2010) Cash on Delivery: A New Approach to Foreign Aid, Washington , DC : Centre for Global Development (CGD). and (
- 2008) Millennium Development Goals at Midpoint: Where do we Stand and Where do we Need to Go?, European Development Report, (Respectively, Paris School of Economics; CEPII and University of Paris Ouest; Oxford University; ECARES (Free University of Brussels); Free University of Amsterdam; Cornell University, USA ; University of Göttingen; Overseas Development Institute, London ; University of Namur; Paris School of Economics and University of Balearic Island) http://ec.europa.eu/development/icenter/repository/mdg_paper_final_20080916_en.pdf. ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; and (
- 2010) Aid Effectiveness Post 2010 – A Think Piece on Ways Forward, London : Overseas Development Institute (ODI). (
- 2010) Confronting the Long Crisis of Globalisation, New York/Washington , DC : Brookings Institute/Center on International Cooperation Working Paper, New York : CIC. ; and (
- 2010) From Adaptation to Climate-resilient Development: The Costs of Climate-proofing the Millennium Development Goals in Africa, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, in collaboration with Africa Progress Panel, UK . and (
- 2009) From Adaptation to Climate-resilient Development: The Costs of Climate-proofing the Millennium Development Goals in Africa, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment and African Progress Panel, London : London School of Economics and Politics (LSE). (
- 2009) ‘Putting Aid in its Place: Insights from Early Structuralists on Aid and Balance of Payments and Lessons for Contemporary Aid Debates,’ Journal of International Development 21.6: 856–67. (
- 2010) ‘Reducing Inequality: The Missing MDG’, IDS Bulletin 41.1: 26–35. (
- 2008) Are the MDGs Priority in Development Strategies and Aid Programmes? Only Few Are!, IPC Working Paper 48, Brasilia : UNDP International Poverty Centre. (
- 2010) How Should MDG Implementation Be Measured: Faster Progress or Meeting Targets?, Working Paper, Brasilia : International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC – IG). and (
- 2009) International Norm Dynamics and ‘The End of Poverty: Understanding the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)’, BWPI Working Paper 96, Manchester : Manchester University. and (
- 2010) ‘Lessons from the Making of the MDGs: Human Development Meets Results-based Management in an Unfair World', IDS Bulletin 41.1: 15–25. (
- 2007) The Making of the Millennium Development Goals: Human Development meets Results-based Management in an Imperfect World, BWPI Working Paper, Manchester : Brooks World Poverty Institute (BWPI). (
- IMF (2010a) Capital Inflows: The Role of Controls, IMF Staff Position Note 10/04, Washington , DC : International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- IMF (2010b) Rethinking Macroeconomic Policy, IMF Staff Position Note 10/03, Washington , DC : International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- IMF (2010c) A Fair and Substantial Contribution by the Financial Sector: Final Report for the G-20, Washington , DC : International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- 2010) ‘The Impact and Design of the MDGs: Some Reflections’, IDS Bulletin 41.1: 7–14. (
- 2009) Using Indicators to Encourage Development: Lessons from the MDGs, DIIS Report 2009: 01, Copenhagen : Danish Institute for International Studies. (
- 2005) The Meta-Narrative is Dead! Long Live the Meta-Narrative, ODI Working Paper 243, London : Overseas Development Institute (ODI). (
- 2010) ‘Beyond Business as Usual: What Might 3-D Wellbeing add to MDG Momentum?’, IDS Bulletin 41.1: 104–12. and (
- 2010) From Poverty Reduction to Inclusive Development: Towards a Post-2015 Agenda, London : School of African and Asian Studies (SOAS). (
- 2010), ‘What Next for the Millennium Development Goals?’, Global Policy 1.2: 218–20. (
- 2006), ‘From Universal Values to Millennium Development Goals: Lost in Translation’, Development and Change 37.6: 1167–99. (
- 2010) The End of ODA (II): The Birth of Hypercollective Action, CGD Working Paper 218, Washington , DC : Centre for Global Development (CGD). and (
- 2009) The End of ODA: Death and Rebirth of a Global Public Policy, CGD Working Paper 167, Washington , DC : Centre for Global Development (CGD). (
- 2009) Report by the Commission on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress, Sarkozy Commission http://www.stiglitz-sen-fitoussi.fr, http://www.stiglitz-sen-fitoussi.fr/documents/rapport_anglais.pdf (accessed 27 September 2010). ; and (
- 2010, forthcoming) The New Bottom Billion, IDS Working Paper, Brighton : IDS. (
- Sumner, A. and Melamed, C., (eds) (2010) ‘The MDGs and Beyond', IDS Bulletin 41.1.
- 2008) Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness, New Haven and London : Yale University Press. and (
- UNDP (2010) Beyond the Midpoint, New York : OUP.
- UNDP (2007) Human Development Report 2007/08, New York : Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2009) ‘After 2015: Pro-poor Low Carbon Development’, IDS In Focus Policy Brief 9.4, Brighton : IDS. and (
- USNIC (2008) Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World, Washington , DC : US National Intelligence Council.
- 2010) ‘Taking the MDGs Beyond 2015: Hasten Slowly’, IDS Bulletin 41.1: 60–9. and (
- World Bank (2010) Global Monitoring Report, Washington DC : World Bank.