Association between insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome risk factors in Japanese
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Journal of Diabetes Investigation
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 185–190, April 2012
How to Cite
Yamada, C., Moriyama, K. and Takahashi, E. (2012), Association between insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome risk factors in Japanese. Journal of Diabetes Investigation, 3: 185–190. doi: 10.1111/j.2040-1124.2011.00162.x
- Issue published online: 27 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Received 16 June 2011; revised 2 August 2011; accepted 3 August 2011
- 3World Health Organization. Definition, Diagnosis, and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications: Report of a WHO Consultation. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1999.
- 4Expert Panel on the Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high Blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel III). JAMA 2001; 285: 2486–2497.
- 6Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity. Circulation 2009; 120: 1640–1645., , , et al.
- 7Committee for Japanese Definition of Metabolic Syndrome. Definition and criteria of metabolic syndrome. J Jpn Soc Int Med 2005; 94: 794–809 (Japanese).