I am most grateful to my PhD supervisor Dr Hugh Bowden, the members of the Grote Prize committee, in particular Professor Hans van Wees, and the anonymous referee of this review for their encouragement and suggestions. None of them should be supposed to agree with my conclusions or held responsible for the errors which this paper may contain. I wish also to thank Professors Tim Cornell and Mike Edwards for inviting me to publish this work in BICS. Finally, like all the other habitual readers of the Library of the Institute of Classical Studies, I feel profoundly indebted to its staff for their priceless work, particularly under the present unfortunate circumstances.
THE ARGINUSAE TRIAL, THE CHANGING ROLE OF STRATEGOI AND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DEMOS AND MILITARY LEADERSHIP IN LATE-FIFTH CENTURY ATHENS1
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2010
© Institute of Classical Studies. School of Advanced Studies, University of London, 2006
Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 1–21, December 2006
How to Cite
ASMONTI, L. A. (2006), THE ARGINUSAE TRIAL, THE CHANGING ROLE OF STRATEGOI AND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DEMOS AND MILITARY LEADERSHIP IN LATE-FIFTH CENTURY ATHENS. Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies, 49: 1–21. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-5370.2006.tb00674.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!