I am grateful for suggestions and assistance to Michael Crawford, Giuseppe Falcone, Andrew Lewis (Prof.), Andy Lewis (Dr.), Jan Lokin, John North, Salvo Randazzo, Benet Salway, and Wim Van-Mierlo. I should especially like to thank the helpful staff at the UCL Special Collections at their current home in Hampstead Road; also other archivists as follows: Siobhan Convery and colleagues (Aberdeen University), Clare Hopkins (Trinity College, Oxford), Alice Millea (Oxford University Archives), Julian Reid (Corpus Christi & Merton Colleges, Oxford). Abbreviations used: TAPI= J. H. A. Lokin, R. Meijering, B. H. Stolte and N. van der Wal (eds.), A. F. Murison (trans.), Theophili antecessoris paraphrasis institutionum (Groningen 2010); Memoirs= A. F. Murison, Memoirs (1847–1934) being the autobiography of Alexander Falconer Murison, ed. A. L. and Sir J. W. Murison (Aberdeen 1935); RHBR I= L. Burgmann et al., Repertorium der Handschriften des byzantinischen Rechts I (Forschungen zur byzantinischen Rechtsgeschichte 20; Frankfurt-am-Main 1995).
MURISON AND THEOPHILUS1
Article first published online: 1 DEC 2010
© 2010 Institute of Classical Studies University of London
Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 85–124, December 2010
How to Cite
CORCORAN, S. (2010), MURISON AND THEOPHILUS. Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies, 53: 85–124. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-5370.2010.00011.x
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 1 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!