We are grateful for useful comments and suggestions from Anne Anderson, Byung-Uk Chong, Stijn Claessens, Sung Wook Joh, Jun-Koo Kang, and seminar participants at Ewha Womans University, KAIST, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Seoul National University, Waseda University, the 2007 Financial Management Association Meetings in Orlando, and the 2nd Asian Corporate Governance Conference in Hong Kong. This work was supported by the Korea Research Foundation Grant funded by the Korean Government (MOEHRD, Basic Research Promotion Fund) (KRF-2006-332-B00157).
To Signal or to Control: The Determinants of Open-Market Share Repurchases in Japan*
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
2009 Korean Securities Association
Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 133–162, February 2009
How to Cite
Choi, D. K., Huh, J. and Park, K. (2009), To Signal or to Control: The Determinants of Open-Market Share Repurchases in Japan. Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 38: 133–162. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6156.2009.tb00010.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!