Acknowledgments: We appreciate the support for this project that was provided by the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University and by the Center for International Business, Education and Research at the University of South Carolina. The original version of this paper “Unsolicited credit ratings: Theory and empirical evidence” was the winner of the 2003 Financial Management Association International Competitive Paper Award in Fixed Income Research. We are grateful to Allan Eberhart, Ted Moore, Chuck Kwok, Steve Rich, and participants in seminars at Baylor University, and FMA, MBEA, and SFA meetings for their valuable comments. We also thank Arlene Campbell for her help in preparation of the manuscript.
Information Content of Unsolicited Credit Ratings: Evidence from Japanese Firms*
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2012
© 2012 Korean Securities Association
Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 59–86, February 2012
How to Cite
Byoun, S. and Shin, Y. S. (2012), Information Content of Unsolicited Credit Ratings: Evidence from Japanese Firms. Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 41: 59–86. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6156.2011.01062.x
- Issue published online: 9 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2012
- Received 13 October 2011; Accepted 22 November 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!