Amy Coplan is Associate Professor of Philosophy at California State University–Fullerton. Her major research interests include philosophy of emotion, aesthetics, and ancient Greek philosophy. She has published articles in these areas and is co-editor with Peter Goldie of Empathy: Philosophical and Psychological Practices (Oxford University Press, forthcoming) and is editor of a collection on the film Blade Runner (forthcoming in Routledge's Philosophers on Film series).
WILL THE REAL EMPATHY PLEASE STAND UP? A CASE FOR A NARROW CONCEPTUALIZATION
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 40–65, September 2011
How to Cite
COPLAN, A. (2011), WILL THE REAL EMPATHY PLEASE STAND UP? A CASE FOR A NARROW CONCEPTUALIZATION. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 40–65. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00056.x
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!