Christian Miller is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Zachary T. Smith Faculty Fellow at Wake Forest University. His work has appeared in such journals as Noûs, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, Philosophical Studies, Philosophical Psychology, The Journal of Ethics, Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy, and Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion, and he is currently writing a book tentatively entitled “Moral Character: Philosophy and Psychology.” He is the director of The Character Project, which is funded by a $3.67 million grant for the study of character from the John Templeton Foundation.
DEFINING EMPATHY: THOUGHTS ON COPLAN'S APPROACH
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 66–72, September 2011
How to Cite
MILLER, C. (2011), DEFINING EMPATHY: THOUGHTS ON COPLAN'S APPROACH. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 66–72. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00057.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!