David Shoemaker is Associate Professor in both the Department of Philosophy and the Murphy Institute at Tulane University, as well as an affiliated faculty member in the Department of Philosophy at Bowling Green State University. He is the author of Personal Identity and Ethics: A Brief Introduction (Broadview, 2009) as well as numerous papers on a variety of issues in moral psychology, agency and responsibility, and the relation between metaphysics and ethics.
PSYCHOPATHY, RESPONSIBILITY, AND THE MORAL/CONVENTIONAL DISTINCTION
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 99–124, September 2011
How to Cite
SHOEMAKER, D. W. (2011), PSYCHOPATHY, RESPONSIBILITY, AND THE MORAL/CONVENTIONAL DISTINCTION. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 99–124. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00060.x
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!